Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing The Brakes

viper262

It has come the time that my Aygo Needs new front discs and pads but, I need some help choosing which make of brakes to go with i want a quality brand with a high reputation at the moment im looking at Apec:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pair-Apec-Front-Brake-Discs-Toyota-Aygo-1-0-05-/370365194470?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item563b7c60e6

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Apec-Front-Brake-Pads-Toyota-Aygo-1-0-05-/160384131366?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2557a3a126

But if anyone has any thoughts or can help me please feel free to drop your thoughts i will be doing the change myself because im not paying stupid money for labour cost at Kwik fit or Toyota themselves

I've been told to just go with Cheapy japanese makes that Toyota own brand but knowing Brakes are only thing stopping me from hitting things, i would like to be safe in the knowledge that there are quality parts at work

If you plan to keep the car you might want to take a look at Kwik Fit, I think they were doing a lifetime brakes warranty recently.

Kwik Fit guarantees purchased brake pads or shoes against accidental damage, wear and defects for as long as you own your car, provided you authorise all work identified as being required, during or at any future brake inspection.

I assume that means if they wear out they replce them? (or at least that's what it sounds like)

I should think that the term 'wear' in this context refers to unusual wear... they won't just keep replacing your brakes for free if they wear out normally!

Na that Kwik fit offer would be no good id never do 25K (which is the life expectancy of brakes) on the clock in 5 Years the mileage i do so i will be doing the work myself but thanks for the the suggestions :)

diveted and grooved discs work well, seen them in use on a Nissan S15, green stuff pads might be ok to use with them, depends on how much you want to spend

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links