Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Clutch

MR LBe

Hi guys, had a problem with my rolla, when car engine is running and in neutral, I can put the car in gear WITHOUT pressing clutch. It's as if the clutch is stuck on. Prior to this clutch pedal was hard to press then there was a loud clunk as I was about to pull out ov a junction n now it's like this. I'm assuming clutch has gone but does any1 know what cud of caused it?

Prob just coincidence but just today cut my air filter box to put a cone on like msprince and before that the clutch was fine jus wondering if any of the wires goin to the airfter box are anything to do with the clutch? Doubt it but thought I'd ask just incase.

Thanks

Nah i think its just coincedence, but can you drive the car at all?

It sounds like the fingers on the clutch plate have got stuck in the pressed position.

Nah i think its just coincedence, but can you drive the car at all?

It sounds like the fingers on the clutch plate have got stuck in the pressed position.

no cant drive at all its like its in neutral all the time. AA came to recover it and said something about fingers not workin lol

any life (an pocket saving) suggestion or am i looking at whole new clutch?

thanks

I believe some places sell the friction plate and the pressure plate seperatly, but i would advise getting both done at the same time otherwise 3 months down the line you will have to pay for the gearbox to come out again.

You will pay a bit extra but you wont have to pay twice for having the gearbox again.

I believe some places sell the friction plate and the pressure plate seperatly, but i would advise getting both done at the same time otherwise 3 months down the line you will have to pay for the gearbox to come out again.

You will pay a bit extra but you wont have to pay twice for having the gearbox again.

no probs thanks for that.

any idea what could have caused it?

made 3 changes in last few days, air filter(did leave 1 of the vacum hoses unblocked) changed front drop links and coolant was low so topped up. it was yellow rather than pink but the guy asured me it can mix with any colour and would cause any damage lol

prior to them changes no problems at all, no slippin hard gear changes etc at all.

am gutted cos it sounds great now iv got the cone filter on and i cant drive it lol

Sometimes you will get some warning signs but then sometimes it will just give up without any warnings.