Do Not Sell My Personal Information

World Cup Viewing Figures.

bokkie

It seems 17.9m watched the final on BBC and 3.8m on ITV. I think I can explain it. Adverts.

Time and again the BBC comes under fire for what it does with public money. Time and again it gets credit for excellent programming. Last night was no exception. It was a pleasure not to be bombarded by adverts or to be exposed to that pratt Adrian Chiles trying to act smart in the studio when he basically knows nothing about the subject matter. ITV are welcome to him and it gives me another reason not watch it.

Well done, Auntie Beeb.

I agree. I like Chiles but its the other pundits they have on that do my 'ead in, some of the players and ex players they had on the panel could hardly speak English and was difficult to understand them, Im all for having another opinion but I want to be able to understand what their viewpoint is without having to try and interpret what is being said. Here is Adebayors interview where his phone goes off, he speaks so fast it is hard to understand and you are constantly trying to catch up, yes I know this was on the BBC but ITV seemed to have a worse setup

The only thing I didnt like about the BBC was the mutterings of Mark Lawrenson, he is fine in the studio but jumps in with inane witterings whilst commentating :angry:

Well done BBC, fantastic in HD too!

Kingo :thumbsup:

I think the licence fee for the BBC is far to small thumbsup.gif

I think the licence fee for the BBC is far to small thumbsup.gif

Agreed. There are some things worth the extra they'd charge for it.