Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Avensis Premium Audio System

mapkp777

I wonder if anyone can help me with a simple question?? I have the new Avensis with the premium audio system which states that it comes with 11 Speakers. I cannot work out where all these Speakers are and cannot find any reference to them in the manual. However many times I count them I can only find nine!

Your lucky.... I don't think I could locate 9.... but then again I have not tried laugh.gif

I wonder if anyone can help me with a simple question?? I have the new Avensis with the premium audio system which states that it comes with 11 speakers. I cannot work out where all these speakers are and cannot find any reference to them in the manual. However many times I count them I can only find nine!

I wondered about that. My kids reckon they have identified 10. Four on the front dash, 1 each on front driver and passenger doors and 2 each on rear doors. That still leaves 1 unaccounted for - anyone's guess.

I have to say, I am really impressed with the audio quality. My previous car (Audi 1.9 A6) had a Bose system which was no comparison to this Toyota system.

I wonder if anyone can help me with a simple question?? I have the new Avensis with the premium audio system which states that it comes with 11 speakers. I cannot work out where all these speakers are and cannot find any reference to them in the manual. However many times I count them I can only find nine!

5 in front dash (2 either side and 1 central speaker)

1 in each front door

2 in each rear door

Thats 11 Speakers in all.

• Like 1

I wondered about that. My kids reckon they have identified 10. Four on the front dash, 1 each on front driver and passenger doors and 2 each on rear doors. That still leaves 1 unaccounted for - anyone's guess.

I have to say, I am really impressed with the audio quality. My previous car (Audi 1.9 A6) had a Bose system which was no comparison to this Toyota system.

I think I can help you on that one: after some months asking the same thing, an Avensis onwer explained me:

There are one central on the dashboard, two tweeters also on the dashboard sides, two fullrange at the front and back doors as well as tweeters on the back door, one fullrange somewhere on the back for the back surround and a woofer on the spare tire place. Please check that just to confirm.

According to your description, there is a 3 stage loudspeaker at the front on each side, no central, two two stage ones on the back doors and it's missing one that should be the woofer (in Portugal we have a central loudspeaker right in the middle of the dash, one on the back, hiden, the woofer also hiden, 4 tweeters and 4 full range at the doors and dash). Probably there are some differences due to different countries...

Also please check if there is any special AMP or audio Processor. Here this guy told me he has a JBL MS-8 sound processor but the tech guys from Toyota no one knows about it... Impressive!

Best regards

1 in each front door

2 in each rear door

I forgot to point out in the text that my car is the tourer, the saloon may be different.

• Like 1

1 in each front door

2 in each rear door

I forgot to point out in the text that my car is the tourer, the saloon may be different.

Mine is and will be the same. Here we call it SW for Station Wagon. That's my big doubt: where the hell is the back surround loudspeaker, if any? :-)

Well, I've just hang up the phone with another Toyota dealer that will have one Avensis with Premium Audio System next week. I'll go there and I'll try to clearify this issue. Useless to say that this guy didn't know anything about it too. Why such a secret???

Many thanks for your reply's, I think I have just about worked it out now.

And what about your conclusions?...

It seams to me there is either a bit of lack of information on this issue or the systems are different on each country. Please share it with us. Is there a back surround loudspeaker and a woofer or is it just door and dash loudspeakers? Did you find any AMP or Sound processor?

I think I can help you on that one: after some months asking the same thing, an Avensis onwer explained me:

There are one central on the dashboard, two tweeters also on the dashboard sides, two fullrange at the front and back doors as well as tweeters on the back door, one fullrange somewhere on the back for the back surround and a woofer on the spare tire place. Please check that just to confirm.

According to your description, there is a 3 stage loudspeaker at the front on each side, no central, two two stage ones on the back doors and it's missing one that should be the woofer (in Portugal we have a central loudspeaker right in the middle of the dash, one on the back, hiden, the woofer also hiden, 4 tweeters and 4 full range at the doors and dash). Probably there are some differences due to different countries...

Also please check if there is any special AMP or audio Processor. Here this guy told me he has a JBL MS-8 sound processor but the tech guys from Toyota no one knows about it... Impressive!

Best regards

There's no woofer and no back surround Speakers on Avensis Premium audio.

The 5 on front dash, 1 each front door and 2 on each back door are the correct locations. There's also a DSP amplifier for the premium audio. It should be under the passenger seat where the bluetooth module is also located. There's a cover visible when you move the passenger seat to the furthest back position.

Best regards

There's no woofer and no back surround Speakers on Avensis Premium audio.

The 5 on front dash, 1 each front door and 2 on each back door are the correct locations. There's also a DSP amplifier for the premium audio. It should be under the passenger seat where the bluetooth module is also located. There's a cover visible when you move the passenger seat to the furthest back position.

Thank you very much for this information.

It will interesting to see what do we get here in Portugal... I recently noticed that, on the portuguese catalogue for the options, on the Multimedia Pack Option it states that the replacement tyre must be the thinner one or with the tyre fixing kit, instead of the normal replacement tyre... why? Hope to solve this mistery this week.

Regarding the DSP, it was a big help so I know where to look for :-)

Hi, I have just taken delivery of an Avensis with the premium sound system.

The Speakers are:

Either side and centre of Dash = 3

Either front door (low down speaker) = 2

Either Rear door (Low down Speaker + High level Tweeter) = 4

Either side of rear shelf = 2

That I think makes 11.

Hope it helps

Hi, I have just taken delivery of an Avensis with the premium sound system.

The Speakers are:

Either side and centre of Dash = 3

Either front door (low down speaker) = 2

Either Rear door (Low down Speaker + High level Tweeter) = 4

Either side of rear shelf = 2

That I think makes 11.

Hope it helps

Errr...There shouldn't be any Speakers on the rear shelf? I've seen both Sedan and Wagon with premium sound and both have had identical systems.

There's actually 5 Speakers on the front dash if you look carefully. Two under the grilles on both sides (one tweeter and one middle frequency speaker) and one on the middle of the dash.

Thank you very much for this information.

It will interesting to see what do we get here in Portugal... I recently noticed that, on the portuguese catalogue for the options, on the Multimedia Pack Option it states that the replacement tyre must be the thinner one or with the tyre fixing kit, instead of the normal replacement tyre... why? Hope to solve this mistery this week.

Regarding the DSP, it was a big help so I know where to look for :-)

We don't have multimedia pack option. We don't have even the spare tyre as we only get the tyre puncture fixing kit and a compressor.

Maybe the multimedia pack adds a subwoofer. It's an option to many other Toyota models so why not to Avensis too?

We don't have multimedia pack option. We don't have even the spare tyre as we only get the tyre puncture fixing kit and a compressor.

Maybe the multimedia pack adds a subwoofer. It's an option to many other Toyota models so why not to Avensis too?

Yep! I see no problem with it :-) However the number of loudspeakers is the same: 11 so your layout makes more sence than the one it was told me. A rear surround speaker on a Tourer...??

Just a of topic question: do you know how much does it cost the replacement for the puncture fixing kit? Here may cost more than a new tyre, depending on the brand of it :-)

• Like 1

...cannot find any reference to them in the manual...

Errr... why is that so important?

Your car's manual also says your 2 liter engine has 1987 cc.

You're not going to check that either.

Or are you? ;)

Yep! I see no problem with it :-) However the number of loudspeakers is the same: 11 so your layout makes more sence than the one it was told me. A rear surround speaker on a Tourer...??

Just a of topic question: do you know how much does it cost the replacement for the puncture fixing kit? Here may cost more than a new tyre, depending on the brand of it :-)

Just look at the front grilles on the left or right side of the dash. You'll see two Speakers under one speaker grille.

I don't know how much is the puncture kit as it's standard equipment here in Finland. We don't get a spare tyre not even as an option.

The kit is intended to do a temporary fix to the tyre. You'll still need a new tyre.

OK, Finally I saw one Avensis with the Premium Audio System.

In fact, the loudspeakers are as it was told earlier this topic: 5 on the dash, 6 at the doors. No woofer. Also I saw nothing that would be like an audio processor under the front passenger seat. The audio quality is not bad however I'll need to do some adjustments mainly on the bass's - too heavy and round, OMHO. I also found that there where not much audio adjustments available - I didn't spend much time around the operation side however I was not able to find any EQ adjustment or any noise cancelation option, options that I was expecting on a 2500,00€ system (that includes the rear camera, the GPS, the 11 loudspeakes and the Premium Audio System).

I hope to find some surprises on the manual or somewhere on the internet... :-)