Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Soon To Be An Iq3 Owner

MarkyPancake

Hello all!

I've always liked my Japanese cars and bikes and after about a decade with big engined cars I'm going to be trying something completely different.

My car for the last two years has been a Lexus GS430 Sport Series II and as much as I've enjoyed owning it, I feel like a change. I've liked the quirky appearance of the iQ since I first saw one properly a few months ago and after going for a test drive on Saturday the deal was done yesterday. The problem is I've gone for a new one and there's an 8-12 week delivery time, so I've got a long wait. I'm really hoping it arrives in September, otherwise the part exchange valuation on my Lexus is less in October. I've never owned a new car before, so it's a different experience all round. I hope Toyota's own build quality is as good as their Lexus marque.

I've opted for an iQ3 CVT with just the iUrban pack in eclipse black. I don't need sat nav and after having leather seats for several years I went for the cloth interior, plus I like the black against the black bodywork. I just missed out on the three years free servicing Toyota were offering, but they reduced the cost of the car by £433.25 to cover this and gave me the iUrban pack for free. I was interested in the iSport pack, but the brochure shots put me off spending the £505 on it and I don't think they would have given me that for free as well. Now I've seen iQs on here with the iSport pack though, I'm regretting it a little by not opting for it. Having said that, I've seen some genuine roof spoilers on eBay from Toyota dealers, so might just get that on its own. I like the shape of the car from the side both with and without the roof spoiler though, so am a bit unsure at the moment.

I'm sure I'll be on here when the time comes to mod things. I wasn't bothered about changing it from stock, but seeing some of the subtle mods on here I think I might have to change a few things. Although the rear windows are tinted I think I'm going to get the back screen done a little darker because it looks too clear compared to the small rear side windows. I know the fronts are supposed to transmit 70% light, but I'll see if my tint man will put his lightest shade on them anyway.

Anyway, I love forums and just thought I would introduce myself.

Regards

Mark

Welcome Mark.Hope you don't have to wait too long before you get your IQ.Get some pictures posted when you get it too :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links