Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Announces Safety Pack For Prius

wooski

Press Release here - http://www.toyotagb-press.co.uk/protected/vehicles/releases/2010/61163toy.htm

Having driven a Lexus GS 450h with Adaptive Cruise Control I can't recommend it enough. It's superb for motor driving, always keeping you a set distance between you and the car ahead of you and then never exceeding the speed you have set. The pack includes:

Pre-Crash Safety system

Adaptive Cruise control

Leather upholstery

Dusk-sensing headlights

LED low beam headlights with washers

Electrochromic auto-dimming rear view mirror

Water-repellent front side window glass

Makes the almost £3,000 price seem reasonable!

I think this now also enables a UK buyer to spec a Prius up to Advanced Technology Pack levels available in the US since the Gen 3 was launched.

Press Release here - http://www.toyotagb-press.co.uk/protected/vehicles/releases/2010/61163toy.htm

Having driven a Lexus GS 450h with Adaptive Cruise Control I can't recommend it enough. It's superb for motor driving, always keeping you a set distance between you and the car ahead of you and then never exceeding the speed you have set. The pack includes:

Pre-Crash Safety system

Adaptive Cruise control

Leather upholstery

Dusk-sensing headlights

LED low beam headlights with washers

Electrochromic auto-dimming rear view mirror

Water-repellent front side window glass

Makes the almost £3,000 price seem reasonable!

I think this now also enables a UK buyer to spec a Prius up to Advanced Technology Pack levels available in the US since the Gen 3 was launched.

Great news! though I now have to wait 2 years until the lease on the current Prius runs out :(

Not too fussed about the dimming mirror (the rear spoiler does the trick for me!) or the water repellent side glass (but haven't had it before, so it could be wonderful!)

The one that clinches it for me is the Adaptive Cruise Control, though Dusk-Sensing Headlights and LED Low-Beam sound like fun too.

I wonder how long it will be before they introduce the daytime running lights?

What does this make the price of a fully loaded T Spirit? Can't be far off £30K! :blink:

Dusk-sensing headlights and auto-dimming rear view mirror should be standard. They are on lesser cars.

What does this make the price of a fully loaded T Spirit? Can't be far off £30K! :blink:

Dusk-sensing headlights and auto-dimming rear view mirror should be standard. They are on lesser cars.

Indeed.

The Prius is a triumph of technology with regards to the engine BUT the whole car as a buying experience (in the UK at least ) is just AWFUL

They have a lot to learn if they think I'm dumping a hard earned bunch of 23 thousand pounds on a car that doesn't even have the same basic level of creature comforts as the one I'm changing from.

Great car. Really good driving experience

But a totally rubbish buying new experience.

Toyota - you're pricing yourselves out of the market!

Indeed.

The Prius is a triumph of technology with regards to the engine BUT the whole car as a buying experience (in the UK at least ) is just AWFUL

They have a lot to learn if they think I'm dumping a hard earned bunch of 23 thousand pounds on a car that doesn't even have the same basic level of creature comforts as the one I'm changing from.

Great car. Really good driving experience

But a totally rubbish buying new experience.

Toyota - you're pricing yourselves out of the market!

As the Safety pack effectively includes the Leather and LED packs you'd only want the single option. SO it would bring a new T-Spirit up to around £25K with a discount. Mind you I wonder if you'd have to wait 18 weeks or if Toyota UK will bite the bullet and bring some in in the most popular colours on spec for more immediate delivery.

hmmm, yes have just had delivered my new Gen 3 with the Led packs and etc.......today the Insurance company have loaded the Insurance premium because of modifications to the car??........so just wonder what they will ask for if this other modification is ordered??

do u lot think it would be to late to get the Adaptive Cruise control added to my order got 47 days until the cars ready. ?

do u lot think it would be to late to get the Adaptive Cruise control added to my order got 47 days until the cars ready. ?

think possibly it is too late for you to order it...but only your Toyota dealer can confirm it.......call them but don't be surprised if they don't know what you are asking:))

morning all... i phoned Toyota and i could have it but... would cost me £985 and would put the order back to end of November :( so i left it i already getting everything else but the Adaptive Cruise control on my prius so it just aint worth it... and if i have to wait 3 more months ill lose £2000 in earns as the car is going to be my new taxi

Hi Guys

Its good to see that Toyota are listening to us, we moaned about the Adaptive cruise control when we knew we wern't getting it! albeit a bit late when other Markets got it initially, i wonder if they have fixed the non entity of self dipping rear view mirror on the Safety pack, guess we will have to wait and see!

Stompe :thumbsup:

hmmm, yes have just had delivered my new Gen 3 with the Led packs and etc.......today the Insurance company have loaded the Insurance premium because of modifications to the car??........so just wonder what they will ask for if this other modification is ordered??

You should have said they were modifications as they are not. They are just manufacturers options which increase the list price of your car so yes there should be an adjustment. But manufacturer options are much cheaper generally than a modification...

morning all... i phoned Toyota and i could have it but... would cost me £985 and would put the order back to end of November :( so i left it i already getting everything else but the Adaptive Cruise control on my prius so it just aint worth it... and if i have to wait 3 more months ill lose £2000 in earns as the car is going to be my new taxi

If they did it when we ordered it we would have bought it....But considering my wife still doesn't hasn't used the cruise control in her Murano in the last 5 years I don't think it will be missed that much....

• 5 months later...

I wonder ... given that leather upholstery is standard with this pack, is it therefore pukka factory-fitted, rather than the dockside/dealer-fit UK punters otherwise have to make do with? It would seem that this is essentially the Americans' Prius V + ATP, which comes with leather as standard.

I'm tempted to spec this, as I'd like leather, but I don't like the idea of my brand new car being ripped apart and put back together before I've even taken delivery of it (too many stories online of the UK-spec leather trim being poorly fitted).

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder ... given that leather upholstery is standard with this pack, is it therefore pukka factory-fitted, rather than the dockside/dealer-fit UK punters otherwise have to make do with?

Had it confirmed that it is ... sorely tempted to go for this.

Safety Pack is BRILLIANT . Cruise Control works like a dream and will slow Toyota to 22mph then bleeps and disengages.

Works from 30mph upwards

Leather seats with HEATING and leather trim on the doors.

Need a boot liner as I ordered the Metalic White and it has a light grey interior carpet.

Fuel consumption over Christmas lots of Motorway driving was a creditable 62.5 mpg

Round town journey to work and back 54.3 mpg

Ordered at beginning of September 2010 arrived December 21st so beat the VAT increase.

Am I happy with it :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yes::yes::yes:

Salesman assured me that all leatherwork was carried out in the UK even on a FACTORY ORDER until I pointed out that they

would not have had time to fit it. It arrived in Bristol and was on a transporter the following day. Salesman then said that they

had a team of leather fitters working three shifts ripping seats out and replacing with leather. :eek::eek:

Where do they find them ........

Heart says I should go for it; head says I don't need it and should go for a not-quite-boggo T4 and trouser some dosh. If the OEM nav wasn't so subpar it would be an easier decision.

Company car paperwork has been on my desk for a month. It's make-my-mind-up time.

(PS: Welcome to the forum, Ian.)

Heart says I should go for it; head says I don't need it and should go for a not-quite-boggo T4 and trouser some dosh. If the OEM nav wasn't so subpar it would be an easier decision.

Company car paperwork has been on my desk for a month. It's make-my-mind-up time.

(PS: Welcome to the forum, Ian.)

:thumbsup: go for it mate, you know it makes sense!!

Also, you will only regret it if you dont! As you well know :yahoo:

Sat Nav is not that bad . At least she sounds human . Called her GINA . The old one in the SMAX was called Doris . Should have called her something else less polite . She was rather aggressive at times with the DO A U TURN Etc. Also used to reset herself to Kms and would talk in strange tonges :ffs:

So its quite nice to have a second pleasant voice in the front ..

The Prius also knows where I live which according to the SMAX was in the MIDDLE OF A FIELD and NOT on a Digitised Road ..

The only way to switch the radio OFF was to turn the volume down ..

So all in all a vast improvement .

Thanks for the welcome ....... :thumbsup:

Like the side trim on Jan&tone's Prius where did that come from ?

SWMBO has a New IQ3 so she is very happy :yes: :yes: :yes:

Ian, i replied to your pm, but in case anyone else wants to know, i asked for them when i ordered the car, and the dealer put them on for me, cant remember the cost, but they are imo, essential!

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if you'd have to wait 18 weeks or if Toyota UK will bite the bullet and bring some in in the most popular colours on spec for more immediate delivery.

Nope, I can confirm you have to wait 18 weeks. Current lead time on a Prius in the UK is 16 weeks, and Safety Pack adds another 2.

I thought having to wait 12 weeks for my last Merc was long enough.

No big deal for me, as I'm a company car driver, but I wonder how many retail punters with >£20K burning a hole in their pocket will be walking out of Toyota showrooms to buy a top-spec Insight instead?

I wonder if you'd have to wait 18 weeks or if Toyota UK will bite the bullet and bring some in in the most popular colours on spec for more immediate delivery.

No big deal for me, as I'm a company car driver, but I wonder how many retail punters with >£20K burning a hole in their pocket will be walking out of Toyota showrooms to buy a top-spec Insight instead?

I suppose it depends on how much you prefer the Prius :thumbsup:

Nope, I can confirm you have to wait 18 weeks. Current lead time on a Prius in the UK is 16 weeks, and Safety Pack adds another 2.

I thought having to wait 12 weeks for my last Merc was long enough.

I nearly did walk out, and if the Discovery 4 wasn't an even longer wait we would have ended up with that. But a Honda Insight, or Civic never ever in a million years. I hated the look, the cheap feel and most of all how they drive.

It's a long wait buying a new Prius...

15 weeks down and 3 to go for my t-spirit with Led pack and solar-roof :-) ... and yes it's a private purchase ...

Jon

15 weeks down and 3 to go for my t-spirit with Led pack and solar-roof :-) ... and yes it's a private purchase ...

Jon

They must be getting more popular, i only waited a week for mine, no extras mind you, but no delay at all back in September 10....

Jon

They must be getting more popular, i only waited a week for mine, no extras mind you, but no delay at all back in September 10....

And that is the difference, things like LED Pack immediately means factory order, they just don't keep any in the UK. For me it was an unmoveable option, wouldn't have liked the standard headlights.

Jont, didn't realise you went for the solar roof as well. That was such a dilemma for us, I really wanted it, but in the end the 17" wheels won.

Hi JP ...

I've always had a sunroof so that was my must-have ... hoping that I can pick up a set of 17" wheels at a later date if necessary ... AFAIK the reason 15" are fitted is that it won't meet emissions without - but I don't quite understand why ?

What the latest with you - has it gone back forever ? ... what have you got instead ? ... Will give you a shout when it arrives - and take those speaker dimensions ;-)

Jon