Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Front Drivers Seat

Pat2u

A few weeks ago noticed a clicking noise when moving drivers seat forwards/backwards, sounds very much like a screw thread but with missing teeth on the drive, if it gives up is there any way that these seats can be moved manually ? I am disabled and the seat needs to be moved each time i enter or disembark the vehicle.

The vehicle is booked into mr Ts and its a 57 plate avensis T180 and still under warrantee, do you think it will be covered ?

Thanks for any replies.

still under warrantee, do you think it will be covered ?

Without doubt it should be covered, but ensure they clearly say is its covered under warranty before handing the keys over.

If they cannot say that clearly, or say it is not covered under warranty, demand to know why its not covered and withhold having the service done.

Plenty of other options if they do not do things right for you.

A few weeks ago noticed a clicking noise when moving drivers seat forwards/backwards, sounds very much like a screw thread but with missing teeth on the drive, if it gives up is there any way that these seats can be moved manually ? I am disabled and the seat needs to be moved each time i enter or disembark the vehicle.

The vehicle is booked into mr Ts and its a 57 plate avensis T180 and still under warrantee, do you think it will be covered ?

Thanks for any replies.

Have you tried moving the seat as far as it will go in either direction? sometimes electric seats get out of sync and just need resetting.

Worth a go cannot do any harm.

still under warrantee, do you think it will be covered ?

Without doubt it should be covered, but ensure they clearly say is its covered under warranty before handing the keys over.

If they cannot say that clearly, or say it is not covered under warranty, demand to know why its not covered and withhold having the service done.

Plenty of other options if they do not do things right for you.

Thanks for any replies.

Have you tried moving the seat as far as it will go in either direction? sometimes electric seats get out of sync and just need resetting.

Worth a go cannot do any harm.

Yes the seat has been fully moved in both direction, it seems to be at mid travel both ways that the clicking sound appears, this is why i think the drive teeth are damaged on the actual drive in mid position, earlier today my wife took the car to Mr Ts machanics and he gave it a once over and oiled it and the noise doubled in sound, it has now been booked in for further strip down and investigations. My son has tried to view under the seat and he can not see the full driveitself and therefore have no idea how it works.

Thanks for the replies.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links