Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Iq Wheel Thread

MarkyPancake

I've searched and haven't found the information I'm after regarding alloy wheel sizes for the iQ. It has been a while since I've been in the alloys game, because I liked the stock ones on my last couple of cars which has spanned several years of car ownership, and I can't remember how the fitting works. I understand the sizes, such as 175/60/16 (stock iQ3), and read that 7.5 inch wide alloys will fit without any mods, but one of my cars had to have a certain offset even though the alloys were the correct width for said car. If the offset was wrong the inside of the alloy would touch the brake disc when pushed fully onto the thread, but I can't remember the name of this part of the fitting.

What is the correct spec wheel size that will fit the iQ, including this offset?

I also thought we could use this thread to gather wheel sizes that fit the iQ.

I have post a similar thread a month ago.

The maximum size you can fit in (without mod) is 18" 7.5" ~+40offset

Thanks for the information.

What is the actual width of the stock alloys, both the 15 and 16 inch versions, without tyres?

Thanks for the information.

What is the actual width of the stock alloys, both the 15 and 16 inch versions, without tyres?

Generally the width for 15 and 16inchs are 6.5 and below and anything equal or below 7.5 should fit in an IQ.

It is safer to do a test fit when you purchase an alloywheel.

I've searched and haven't found the information I'm after regarding alloy wheel sizes for the iQ. It has been a while since I've been in the alloys game, because I liked the stock ones on my last couple of cars which has spanned several years of car ownership, and I can't remember how the fitting works. I understand the sizes, such as 175/60/16 (stock iQ3), and read that 7.5 inch wide alloys will fit without any mods, but one of my cars had to have a certain offset even though the alloys were the correct width for said car. If the offset was wrong the inside of the alloy would touch the brake disc when pushed fully onto the thread, but I can't remember the name of this part of the fitting.

What is the correct spec wheel size that will fit the iQ, including this offset?

Hi, The stantard alloys are only 5.5 inches wide and they do look silly from the back, I have just purchased off eBay a set of OZ alloys that came of a Renault 5 GT Turbo, they are 15" x 7" wide.

I had to get a spigot set and nuts from OZ Italy so that I could get them to fit, I have put them on the car and they look fantastic.

I have now taken them off while I refurbish them, when they are finished I will post some pictures, they are one offs and no one else will have a set like them on an IQ they look cool and very retro.

The next job will be to drop the car 30mm.

I have done some pretty extensive research and no wheel bigger than 18x7.5 can fit into IQ without mod.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. And does anyone knows about a wheel simulator site on the web? I'm thinking about getting a new set of alloys for my iQ but would love to "simulate" them on my car to see how they look.

I know about a bucnh of wheel simulators but they don't have yet, images of the iQ.

Cheers

• 3 months later...