Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Leak In A 05 Yaris T3

Cazza74

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before but a quick search of the forum didnt bring up any results.

I have a 05 Yaris that has developed a water leak somewhere near the front drivers side door and or dashboard. The leak only seems to happen in heavy rain and shows as a puddle in the drivers footwell near to the door. On further investigation it seems that water is dripping from behind the dash and onto the floor. The strange thing is that above the drivers door there is a wet patch on the roof lining.

So - is this one leak or two? Any ideas as to where the water may be getting in, and if so is it something that can be fixed at home or is it a trip to the garage?

Thanks,

C

Do you park on a hill with the car facing downwards? If so the leak could be from a loose fitting aerial mount which would explain wet patches in the two areas.

A common cause of leaks is leaves under the bonnet behind the dash blocking the drains.

Check there first and remove any.

Thanks All,

The leak happens on the flat and when I'm on a slope but I will have a look at the aerial anyway and I'll have a look for leaves under the bonnet.

Cheers

C

Have you got a sunroof?

I had an Alfa 156 with a sunroof and that leaked water into the headlining then down the front windscreen pillar and into the footwell.

If the headlining is wet, its something at roof level and anything wet up there will just run down the inside of the front door pillar and into the footwell.

So its either a windscreen leak, an aerial leak, sunroof if you have one or something leaking past the seam that runs along the edges of the roof.

My next step when the headlining is next wet would be to prise off the door seal holding the headlining in place, unscrew the grab handle and sun visor and prise the headlining down slightly to see where the water is coming from that's wetting the headlining....