Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Want To Replace Speakers

Bod & Hammie

Hi again,

I am sick of listening to the rubbish sound system in our Verso and want to change the Speakers.

Can anyone advise what size they are to save me taking the door panels off.

Has anyone done this and did it make it better or does the whole system need changing??

Thanks,

Bod

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

I am sick of listening to the rubbish sound system in our Verso and want to change the speakers.

Can anyone advise what size they are to save me taking the door panels off.

Has anyone done this and did it make it better or does the whole system need changing??

Thanks,

Bod

Hi Bod!

I have changed acoustic onto Boston Acoustic for entire car. The size is 6.2 inch but installators used some sort of additional rings to rise the speackers since magnets is quite big. When I saw original ones I was shocked - I never assumed that they may play so well with magnets which size is as Aspirin pill (it may not ring any bell for you but here in Russia this is a big pill).

I did some excersize with rear speackers - first of all, by advice of installator I've installed mid range for rear - it was "ok" in general but soiundfield between front and rear was destroyed due to various frequency profile. Finally I changed rear on two way speackers.

General perception of change - sound become much more clear and transparent, middle range appeared and bass become more resilient (not blurred). High's is excessive so I'm keeping them on -1, this is due high responsiveness of speackers.

Overall sound become much better. As of now I decided to stop any upgrades as I'm ok with sound.

What I missing - there are not much deep bass, if I'd upgrade the sound futher more I'd add active subwoofer first of all and if it won't help - amplifier.

PS - I forgot to say that I made sound isolation and now my doors is much more heavier and they are closed boxes (like speackers boxes) so it is probably have storng influence on bass performance.

BTW - this made car even better - I started to hear the engine, before it was only road. Now comfort speed is 120 km/h and I can hear music on 16-18 volume and talk to rear passenegers.

Feodor or Ted (as Brits always struggling to pronounce my name :)

Finally I changed rear on two way speackers.

what Speakers did you install on the front?

what did you use to isolate your doors?

thanks, may do the same quite soon

Finally I changed rear on two way speackers.

what Speakers did you install on the front?

what did you use to isolate your doors?

thanks, may do the same quite soon

I installed Boston Acoustic S60 for front and S65 for back, they are quite sensitive 92 dB to be loud. Unfortunately I can't help you with sound isolation material - it produced locally and name won't help you - I doubt it supplied tu UK. Basically it is very high dencity sort of plastic with aluminium foil on one side. The application was don with hot air fan so it gluing to the metall, I'll post some pics later on. On top of this some sort of matierial that looks like thick yeo sided adgestive tape. I'll check if they have English version if their site I'll post the link.

Feodor

Thanks for that Feodor,

Did you just leave the Speakers that are in the dash.

I suppose they are tweeters are they?

I was thinking of putting a set of mid range Speakers in the front doors with tweeters on the dash, two ways in the rear doors and a small active sub in the boot. May be an Alpine swd 1600.

Thats the kind of set up I have in my truck and it sounds awsome.

Thanks for the size info, that was what I was after so I can start planning.

Cheers,

Bod.

P.S I can pronounce your name as it is the sam as my dad's boss. Clever old me. LOL :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links