Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Fluid Tpo Up

forevered

when my car was collected from my place of work for a clutch pedal squeak fix , i mentioned to the guy that collected it that the brake fluid level was hard to see on the bulkhead could they please top it up if needed. he said dont ever take the top off the fluid holder or i might get a air lock and brake failure .

surely you cant get a air lock just by taking the top off to top it up.as it happened it did need topping up and i can now see the level. (the guy that collected it wasnt a tech) :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think it will get any air lock by taking the cap off, but I do agree that the fluid shouldn't be top up because it is a good indication to tell you the thickness of the brake pads...

The bloke was talking through his underpants.........and his RRR's

Thats why there is a lid on it, so you can take it off to top up!

Kingo :thumbsup:

The bloke was talking through his underpants.........and his RRR's

Thats why there is a lid on it, so you can take it off to top up!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Exactly :thumbsup:

when my car was collected from my place of work for a clutch pedal squeak fix , i mentioned to the guy that collected it that the brake fluid level was hard to see on the bulkhead could they please top it up if needed. he said dont ever take the top off the fluid holder or i might get a air lock and brake failure .

surely you cant get a air lock just by taking the top off to top it up.as it happened it did need topping up and i can now see the level. (the guy that collected it wasnt a tech) :unsure:

what did they do to fix the clutch squeak because i have the same problem and its driving me crazy.

what did they do to fix the clutch squeak because i have the same problem and its driving me crazy.

hi dave gooner

there has been earlier post on this probmlem and the cure is to pull back a rubber boot on the linkage somewhere

im not sure if was the back of the master cylinder or not but if it was you could not lubricate with any old oil.

you have to do a search on all forums which is a pain i know.

but if it helps solve the squeak it will be worth it.

The only real thing to watch is that the lid is put back on; my mums car came back without the lid on and it was about a week later that I had the bonnet up and found it.

The fluid can absorb water and seriously reduce its operational ability, so by rights the Toyota garage should have replaced the fluid, but they refused.

We stopped using that garage and made a complaint.

They lost their Toyota dealership last year.

the squeak could be heard more loudly from under the bonnet,so having taken a very old post into my toyota dealer(which i dont think went down to well,telling the dealer what to do to solve the problem)i showed them what a toyota master tec that was a member of the forum said to do.to quote him

the cause is most likely the bearing sliding up and down on the imput shaft, theres a rubber boot on the trans where the shift fork goes through, pull back the boot and spray some penatrating lubricant inside there while the clutch is pumped noise should go away, what causes this is clutch dust build up. if you wanted to clean that out you can hose a can of break cleaner through there first they said this would only be a temporary fix and said they would take the bell housing out and lube everything up properly was told it would be a 5 hour job ! this was ok as its still under warranty. would be well expensive if had to pay for it. anyway its worked. hope this helps you