Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lights To Go Out On M6 In Lancashire At Night

Raistlin

_48395439_45685565.jpg

The lights are going out on a section of the M6 in an attempt to cut carbon emissions and light pollution.

The Highways Agency will switch off the lights between junctions 27 at Standish and 29 at Lostock Hall in Lancashire each night from midnight to 0500.

The agency said it was the latest in a series of switch offs which are already in place in Kent, Berkshire, Hampshire, Devon and Avon and Somerset.

It said the motorway junctions and approaches would remain lit.

Andy Withington, the Highways Agency's area performance manager for south Lancashire, said: "This is the seventh site in England and we expect it to work as successfully as everywhere else - achieving up to a 40% saving in carbon emissions and energy use as well as giving local communities reduced light pollution of the night sky."

He added: "This site has been carefully chosen because traffic flows are relatively low here in the early hours and when taken together with the good safety record between these junctions, there would be no case for installing new lighting if the decision was based on the overnight figures alone."

Oh!, is that why we have those big bright thingy's at the front of our cars then? I wondered what they were for....

:yahoo:

Oh!, is that why we have those big bright thingy's at the front of our cars then? I wondered what they were for....

:yahoo:

You took the words out of my mouth & saved me posting :thumbsup:But I did, anyway :lol:

If it was your mouth it may be mistaken for a tunnel :D

I know :thumbsup::lol:

But the light shining at the end of it is NOT the train coming in the opposite direction :eek: It is simply the glow emanating from my Super Brain.. wine cooled model :rolleyes:

I agree... It does whine laugh.gif

Thanks, Raist :thumbsup: I couldn't hear it :blink: I must add more lubrication = open another Bottle :yahoo:

Thanks, Raist thumbsup.gif I couldn't hear it blink.gif I must add more lubrication = open another Bottle yahoo.gif

Balli is relaxed as a newt as well rolleyes.gif

Thanks, Raist thumbsup.gif I couldn't hear it blink.gif I must add more lubrication = open another Bottle yahoo.gif

Balli is relaxed as a newt as well rolleyes.gif

If you can't beat them, join them :thumbsup: The converse is equally true.... If you can't join them, beat them :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links