Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strut Brace.. Over, Under Or Replace?

ballist1x

Hi, so i got myself a strut brace froma compressor from farhanali and unfortunately the ghost of the pre facelift abs pipe strikes again.

now i had a go today, wondering if i could get the brace to go UNDER the pipe instead of over but... alas it was not much of a goer i just ended up scratching stuff:/

so check out the photo clearly if i bend this pipe downward i have a lot of movement to get it to accommodate the strut brace. same with going over. is it netter to just get new abs pipe form a facelift? and if so, how difficult is this to replace? i.e if i unscrew the old one will i find my face doused in brake fluid?

see image below:

dsc00106zp.jpg

please let me know what you think.

No need to replace dude. Many pfl users have fitted struts. Just bend the pipe down very carfully :thumbsup:

Get some decent weight behind it. You want to gently push the pipe down, try not to bounce or force it too much

fold up a towel on top of the pipe, makes it easier on the hands.

It can be done

warm it only very gently and then firmly bend it whichever way you think suitable, dont do it in a sharp motion or the pipe will crimp, use constant firm pressure if u know what i mean.

like rather than reversing into another car (why would you do this i dont know but its only analogy popped into my head) at 30mph and causing a big bang you could drive right up to it so you touch it and then reverse into it. i know thats really bad but i hope you get the point im trying to make?

I did exactly what luke said, got a small hand towel folded over a few times for cushioning on my hands and then used my weight in a rocking motion to move the pipe down. Take your time though as you don't want to force it down too quickly.

Hey nick as others have mentioned the brake line is different between pre and post, Everyone i know with pre has just bended it down slightly to allow for clearance. t-sport786 has the same toms brace as me and his line was just pushed down a bit to clear :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links