Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Tyres For Verso D-4D

pumbaa

Need 2 new tyres to replace the fronts (Dunlop SP3000) within the next couple of months. Not been impressed with the Dunlops, so thinking of switching to Michelin Primacy HP. Good choice for the Verso, or not?

If not, what tyres are you all using on your Verso's?

Need 2 new tyres to replace the fronts (Dunlop SP3000) within the next couple of months. Not been impressed with the Dunlops, so thinking of switching to Michelin Primacy HP. Good choice for the Verso, or not?

Just put a set of Michelin Energy Savers on mine (cos they were 20% off at Costco). You can use either the Primacys or the Energy Savers. It had the (I think) original Dunlops on it which had managed about 27K, so not too bad.

The Michelins seem fine, after all, its a bus, not a Lamborghini :P:)

If you just buy 2 tyres they will always put the new ones on the rear & move the rears to the front.

If you are planning to keep the car then I'd buy Michelins every time - they last way , way longer than anything else. Just took a set off another car (a VW) that had done 37K :thumbsup:

I just bought 4x Primacy HP for my Verso, 25K on the old Dunlops, they were swapped diagonaly at 10K, wear seemed pretty even over all 4. I use e-tyres, very convenient.

New tyres seem fine.

Just put a set of Michelin Energy Savers on mine (cos they were 20% off at Costco). You can use either the Primacys or the Energy Savers. It had the (I think) original Dunlops on it which had managed about 27K, so not too bad.

If you just buy 2 tyres they will always put the new ones on the rear & move the rears to the front.

If you are planning to keep the car then I'd buy Michelins every time - they last way , way longer than anything else. Just took a set off another car (a VW) that had done 37K :thumbsup:

Heard some not very positive feedback about Energy Savers, particularly with regards to performance in wet conditions, hence the preference to Primacy HP's. Not sure how long the Dunny's have lasted as I've only owned the car for 7 months and put 6K on it. But as I'm planning to keep the car for a while, I want a reputable tyre with good all round performance, given its primary mission is to cart around Mrs pumbaa and pumbaa jnr.....

In fairness, on Blackcircles, the price differential between Michelins and other brands, even mid-range brands, is now insignificant. Will check out prices at Costco nearer the time as I'm going to wait until mid September before fitting as its not urgent, more precautionary for the coming winter.

Heard some not very positive feedback about Energy Savers, particularly with regards to performance in wet conditions, hence the preference to Primacy HP's. Not sure how long the Dunny's have lasted as I've only owned the car for 7 months and put 6K on it. But as I'm planning to keep the car for a while, I want a reputable tyre with good all round performance, given its primary mission is to cart around Mrs pumbaa and pumbaa jnr.....

In fairness, on Blackcircles, the price differential between Michelins and other brands, even mid-range brands, is now insignificant. Will check out prices at Costco nearer the time as I'm going to wait until mid September before fitting as its not urgent, more precautionary for the coming winter.

Well, they're on the thing now! I'd be surprised if there was a noticeable difference in (wet or dry) tyre "performance" between the ES's & The PHPs on a bus like the Verso. Either way they are certainly not "ditch finders"!

Not sure whether the ES's are doing as claimed re the fuel mileage - but then again I've only just cleaned out the EGR valve on my car (its a diesel) & that does seemed to have made a significant difference in that regard.

Got mine from Costco on the "20% off for a set of 4" deal they do from time to time. Came to about 280 quid for the set which is cheap for Michelins.

I just bought 2 of these Kumho's for the rear of the Verso. Still had tread on the OE Dunlops, but one had quite a big cut so thought I'd better replace.

The Kumho's seem to get a decent write up, and £95 delivered for 2 from Camskill seemed like a very decent price. Been on the car for a few hundred miles and no complaints so far.