Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius To Be Banned In Us?

cootuk

www.businessweek.com/news/2010-07-18/toyota-prius-success-runs-into-soviet-emigrant-s-patent-claim.html

Looks like Toyota are in breach of a patent for the high voltage side and, if they don't pay royalties, could face a hybrid sale ban in the US.

www.businessweek.com/news/2010-07-18/toyota-prius-success-runs-into-soviet-emigrant-s-patent-claim.html

Looks like Toyota are in breach of a patent for the high voltage side and, if they don't pay royalties, could face a hybrid sale ban in the US.

So the yanks, not content with making Mr T recall hundreds of cars because their citizens don't know how to drive properly are now trying to get Mr T via the courts... serve them right if Mr T said sod off and stopped selling cars there - they can't make their own hybrids yet so they have to have a go at ours!!!

Unfortunately Mr T won't stop selling cars there and eventually this will be settled, but what on earth is the matter with these people????

The matter is that their motor industry (with the exception of Ford) is going the way of Rover. Rather than fight the competition with better products (which they don't have), they're fighting dirty in the courts possibly with the backing of their government. Death throws of a dying world power I think. Same thing going on with BP too.

I used to be an American fan and a fan of our special relationship, but this latest Obaba government is really showing its true colours and maybe we should say 'laters' to the US until they realise who their friends are. It's only the UK and Poland helping them in Afghanistan, yet they're treating us with contempt with this BP issue and others. Maybe we should pull back and join the French and Germans miles from the front line or maybe pull out for good and leave them to it and save the money spent on their war to help repay the pension funds destroyed by the BP shenanigans.

Yep it's Monday morning and I'm feeling grumpy! :rolleyes:

The US did the same with Concord. They have taken all other countries technology and developed it. Good examples are the Jet Engine and the Harrier aircraft from the UK. If they are not given the technology to develop they ban it.

Now reported to have been settled on undisclosed terms...

Sadly this is yet another example of what the current US administration is up to huh.gif

They are bashing anything and everything they can that is not US owned.... Toyota yesterday, BP today.... I wonder what will be tomorrow unsure.gif

Believe me.... President Obama is not very well liked in his own country no.gif