Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Footwell Leds

RyanPP

Hi guys!

Yesterday I bought two 12V ultra bright LEDs from Halfords for £10, and I've placed them in my footwell.

I originally wired them up to come on with my interior light, but I cant see an easy way to get wires down to the footwells without ripping out too many panels, so I've got them on a push button switch on a mini 12v (might wire parallel to cigarette lighter instead), has anyone nstalled footwell LEDs before, and if so how do you go about it?

Pictures of the LEDs on my face book: search ryan.pannell@ntlworld.com

Thanks.

The wiring for the domelight runs through the lefthand A-pillar (on LHD cars at least).

If you get a set or factory footwell-lights, they unplug the wiring next to the speaker and

put a splicing-cable in between. You could do something similar by taking off the

pillar-cover and tapping into the red (switched ground) and blue (+12V continous) wires,

then sneak them down to the footwell and over to the other side below the dash.

i would use ur cigarette lighter power feed, splice into the cables and use them, i did that in my old punto and worked a treat, i got led lights in my footwells in my aygo but using a set tht plug into the ligther itself

Yeah I might wire it into the pillar (will be on the right because im in UK). Might add a switch aswell, so that I can turn it on if I don't open the doors.

Cheers guys I'll keep you posted :)

Can I ask why ?

Maybe I'm getting too old but I don't get it helpsmilie.gif