Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Key Programming

nwc100

Frostyballs does a non remote CL cars still have a key that activates an immobiliser and if so do by a slim chance the ones at Timpsons etc have the chip in it please?

The majority of car keys contain a chip for the immobiliser, and keys supplied by Timpsons or any other supplier would have contain a similar chip.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your help, ordered a key from car keys online using VIN number with a photo of existing key for checking arrived next day and followed the instructions previously listed and had a working key for £28.00. What a result took 2 mins to program 👍😀

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I need some advice on a programming. I have no black master key but I do have a working Original Grey Toyota Key for my 2005 Yaris 1.0 T2. (I think this is called a sub key?). I have just bought a third party black transponder key cut to the code attached to this sub key and the new key opens the doors and fits the ignition lock but, obviously, it doesn't start the car as it needs to be programmed. (see attached photo) Is there any way I can programme this key myself?

unnamed-7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys i am new here

i was wondering if the Key programming instructions here is ok for MK2 Yaris 2006 French VIN 

i bough it a month a go but only have one key (Master key original) 

i have read lots of instructions but is it the same for Europe models ? 

my Key number Valeo 736716A 

89071-0d030  

thanks and is nice to join Yaris forum

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 9:46 AM, GEORGE GR Yaris 2006 said:

Hi guys i am new here

i was wondering if the Key programming instructions here is ok for MK2 Yaris 2006 French VIN 

i bough it a month a go but only have one key (Master key original) 

i have read lots of instructions but is it the same for Europe models ? 

my Key number Valeo 736716A 

89071-0d030  

thanks and is nice to join Yaris forum

I’m not sure about the MK 2 I just bought a Valeo key for a 2005 mk1 and it worked fine. What I did was I went to a local breakers and they agreed to let me try the reprogramming if you have one local maybe worth a shot

my local breaker had a bunch of Valeo keys if you don’t have any joy elsewhere let me know and I’ll get you his details 

i found this link which may help 

http://www.keyfobprogram.com/2007-toyota-yaris-remote-programming/

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to get the fob to lock and unlock the car but despite following the instructions to program the chip to start the car unfortunately that’s not working.

Musing two keys now one to lock and unlock and the gray key for the ignition. 

Still happy though and thank you for the post 

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to add to this forum the method that worked for me (2005 Yaris in Australia). The methods described here earlier did not work at all for me.

Programming the remote buttons

Key Removed from Ignition Drivers Door open, all other doors closed

Insert key into ignition then remove it - do this twice

Close and open the drivers door twice

Insert key into the ignition then remove it

Close and open the drivers door twice

Insert the key into the ignition, then close the door

Turn the key from off to on - once to add a remote while retaining the original codes, or twice to rewrite the original remote codes (locks should cycle)

Press the Lock and Unlock buttons on the remote at the same time for 1 second

Press and hold any button on the remote for 2 seconds (locks should cycle once for correct programming, or twice if procedure is incomplete)

To close programming, open the door of the vehicle

Transponder chip programming (you definitely need the master key. The one that turns the security light off instantly, with the valet key the security light stays on for 2 seconds)1

.      Put Original master key in and out of ignition 5 times. Finish with key in ignition

2.       Open and shut door 6 times

3.       Remove original, insert new key

4.       Leave for 60 seconds (or till Security light goes out on dashboard)

5.       After 60seconds security light stops flashing then you can start car.

6.       Take key out

7.       Open and shut door

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

The new key I have bought, is not accepting the programming or the car doesn´t accept the key, I have made successfuly the Transponder Program and it works perfect at the car, but when I try to program the remote key, I don´t know what is going on, becaus I made all steps, I enter in programming mode (switching the key only one time do ADD a new key), then I press at the same time the lock and unlock button for about 1s, then I press the lock button for more than 1s, and I try to receive an answer from the car to lock and unlock once (Successful Progamming) or twice (Unsuccessfuly Programming), he doens´t do anything.

I wait for a 40s and nothing happens.

The details of my key:

Car Model:

Toyota Yaris II Hatchback (XP90-NLP90) (Version 2008) 1.4 D-4D

Remote chip:

Part Number: 89071-0D020

Frequency: 433MHz

I don´t know how to solve it.

Regard´s 

Hugo Jesus

• 2 months later...

Hi I would be extremely grateful of any help you can give. I lost my only key for a  5 door semi auto yaris 2007. I've tried googling,  and part from autolock people and this forum I've been unable to find a cheap solution. Ive seen a company offering  a replica key for approx £12.00,  link for keys  http://www.car-keys-online.com/category/471/yaris.html  they just need a code or vin, but it won't be programmed. Happy to buy this key, but want to make sure I'm not wasting my time/money. If I follow the instructions given here, will this key be all that's required, has anyone tried this?  Hopefully, its a consolation that my car is unlocked. 

Thanks in advance!

9 hours ago, Wes_yve said:

Hi I would be extremely grateful of any help you can give. I lost my only key for a  5 door semi auto yaris 2007. I've tried googling,  and part from autolock people and this forum I've been unable to find a cheap solution. Ive seen a company offering  a replica key for approx £12.00,  link for keys  http://www.car-keys-online.com/category/471/yaris.html  they just need a code or vin, but it won't be programmed. Happy to buy this key, but want to make sure I'm not wasting my time/money. If I follow the instructions given here, will this key be all that's required, has anyone tried this?  Hopefully, its a consolation that my car is unlocked. 

Thanks in advance!

@bluerav4  did you have any success? @alfiejts or/and @nwc100 can you help please?

As far as I’m aware of you don’t have a spare transponder key you won’t be able to program it. Not sure but maybe worth looking at getting the whole system from a breakers but like I said I’m not sure if this would work. 

auto locksmith maybe able to reprogram it to your transponder but it won’t be cheap. Toyota would charge around £1100 for a new system. Speak to some local auto lock smiths they would be your best bet 

12 hours ago, Wes_yve said:

@bluerav4 thanks for responding. My intention was to buy a transponder key cut to a  provided code, in the hope of it being feasible to get it programmed by locksmith, or better still following the instructions on this forum. The car is old, so going to Toyota for a unit would cost near on its value.

@bluerav4  did you have any success? @alfiejts or/and @nwc100 can you help please?

• 4 months later...

Hi. I would like to program my Yaris 2012 model to only open driver's door with the first press then the other doors if I press again. Any help would be great. Thx

Do you have the touch screen ? if not it can only been done with the techstream

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe someone can share with procedure to program fob and immo for yaris mk3? 

The fob is the same iirc, the security has to be done with Techstream

Thanks flash,

For Yaris 2012, odered a key as china guy recommended: 434mHz, toy47, chip 4d70  hopefully it will work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/25/2010 at 8:45 AM, nwc100 said:

Here is the link for the programming,

INSTRUCTIONS

Programming Remote Key Fob

Drivers door open and removed from ignition

Insert key into ignition, then remove it

within 40 sec close and open drivers door twice

inset key in ignition then remove

within 40 sec close and open drivers door twice

close drivers door

Insert key into ignition

switch ignition ON and OFF once to program new key code whilst retaining original codes or twice to program a new key code whilst erasing the original codes

Remove key

System should now lock and unlock vehicle, once or twice depending which mode has been selected

Carry out the following within 20 sec

Yaris built in Japan and yaris verso: Simultaneously press and hold key lock and unlock buttons for 1-1.5 sec

Yaris built in France Press key lock button for a minimum of 1 sec and release

Within 3 seconds

Press key lock button for a minimum of 1 sec and release

System should now lock and unlock vehicle

To exit programming mode, open the drivers door

NOTE :if system locks and unlocks vehicle twice, programming procedure has not been completed .Repeat button procedure

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding A Key To The Immobiliser System

Using a black key you have that is already programmed to the immobiliser:

Insert already programmed black key into ignition switch

Within 15 seconds: Press and release accelerator pedal 5 times.

Within 20 seconds: Press and release brake pedal 6 times.

Remove black key.

Within 10 seconds: Insert the new black key to be programmed into ignition switch.

Within 10 seconds: Press and release accelerator pedal once.

Security warning lamp will flash.

After 1 minute security warning lamp will stop flashing.

If programming another key:

Within 10 seconds: Insert black key to be programmed into ignition switch.

Press and release accelerator pedal once.

Security warning lamp will flash.

After 1 minute security warning lamp will stop flashing.

TO EXIT PROGRAMMING MODE: REMOVE IGNITION KEY AND PRESS BRAKE PEDAL AT LEAST ONCE WITHIN 10 SECONDS, OR WAIT 10 SECONDS.

NOTE: A MAXIMUM OF 7 BLACK KEYS CAN BE PROGRAMMED.

Hope that helps you!

Nick

Hi Nick, 

I have a Toyota Yaris 2013 and was wondering if this would work as I need to program a new key? 

Thanks

Alex

• 8 months later...

I hate to resurrect a long disused thread but hoping to get some help.  I'm trying to help an individual who bought her 2010 Yaris secondhand and only has one key.  No remote on the end and no toyota symbol on it.  Looks similar to

https://www.amazon.com/Uncut-Transponder-Ignition-Toyota-Scion/dp/B072N998PY/ref=psdc_3147687011_t1_B00KTHXJHK?th=1

It has a dot on the key so sure it is a transponder key as they foolishly had a duplicate made without a transponder and tried to start/drive with it even after I told them it most likely wouldn't start.  Right now, I'm wondering if this black "blank" key can be used as a master to program a secondary key to give the individual the ability to use the remote lock/unlock system.  Or if it is a "valet" key that doesn't.

Not too familiar with Toyota's options are, though I've seen the programming instructions here, as I have enough fun keeping my mom's Nissan running properly as she's got some kind of key gremlin in her purse that destroys them.  If I can program the Toyota replacement using that "blank," my next question would be if a professional locksmith can cut the key or is the key the type that needs a dealership cut due to little "discrepancies" that only dealers have the ability to duplicate to their cuts.

Right, so the transponder in that key is ONLY for disarming the immobilizer - Assuming they cloned the code from a Master Key (And not a valet key), it can be used to program a new key that can start the car which is good. There's no way to tell which it is without trying it.

However, I believe the door remote signal is separate so you need a working remote key to program in a new remote key (At least that's how it was with my Mk1, as you had to use a working remote key to lock and unlock the doors several times as part of the programming procedure)

That said, I *think* it is possible to code the remote signal using Toyota Techstream - Hopefully flash22 will chime in as he knows more about the ins and outs of this!

Edit: I tell a lie - Just checked and the button presses were for the new remote, so in theory a new remote key should be programmable from a cloned master key even if it isn't a remote, assuming the programming sequence is the same or similar to the Mk1!

The key can be cut by any locksmith - Even timpsons can do it, just make sure they deburr the key properly so it works smoothly and it should be okay.

If I was you tho, I'd speak to a dealer as if they can do the whole lot from the third party key then I'd say let them do it.

You might save a bit DIY but IMHO the hassle will not be worth the difference in cost as finding a 2nd hand remote blank that works can be a gamble, and if you buy one from a dealer it's not much more to get them to program it anyway.

18 hours ago, Cyker said:

If I was you tho, I'd speak to a dealer as if they can do the whole lot from the third party key then I'd say let them do it.

Right now waiting for her to return to find out if she has the master or valet key with the light test.  Already tried to get her to go through a dealership, but she had bad experiences with them before and basically set her foot down every time I brought them up.  Now she's pretty much put me on a pedestal and asks if my ability to find solutions to problems is over rated as she's heard so much about my "abilities" (which honestly is just checking out the internet, making informed decisions, and implementing it if the situation is doable.)  So basically, got myself trapped by having the issue of "re-remoting" a few Corvettes, an Avalanche, and about a dozen other vehicles and actually rekeying quite a few more during my spare time over the years.  Getting a reputation is a bad trap to fall into as people expect me to do it for everything now.

But it's good information to know that the locksmith can cut the key though.  Going to be buying the OEM key through a non-dealer Toyota OEM warehouse if she does have the master.  And when it is done, I'm just going to fib to her and tell her the Toyota dealership did them so she may just go to them in the future.  

Thank you for replying to an add-on for an old post.  As the information put out here almost matched my situation, was hoping to get you and some of the others directly involved.  Will be back later when I find out the master/valet situation.