Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slight 'knocking' Sound From Front Whenlow Speed Manoeuvring

Davrav

Hi All,

Have recently become aware of a slight 'knocking' sound when manoeuvring RAV at low speed in both forward and reverse gear. Seems to be coming from right front wheel area.

Just wondering if anyone has an idea what the cause may be :unsure:

Still under warranty for a further year and 30K service due in about a month.

Any suggestions as to possible source would be useful when I speak to MrT service department.

Thanks.

Ignore that noise, David, it's just yer auld English knees hitting off one another in anticipation of parting with British Currency for the world's most expensive oil change.....oh, and a "safety check", of course.

Big Kev :lol:

Ignore that noise, David, it's just yer auld English knees hitting off one another in anticipation of parting with British Currency for the world's most expensive oil change.....oh, and a "safety check", of course.

Big Kev :lol:

:lol: You could be right Kev but I have had some pretty hefty 'outgoings' recently and they have not elicited the same effect :unsure:

The usual sensation I get when I visit MrT is something akin to them having my nadgers in a vice :eek:

My red one did it and had the mod done but didn't cure it. They eventually fitted plastic washers to the tops of the suspension legs which stopped it completely. It was a slight knocking noise just as you turned the steering wheel.

My red one did it and had the mod done but didn't cure it. They eventually fitted plastic washers to the tops of the suspension legs which stopped it completely. It was a slight knocking noise just as you turned the steering wheel.

Thanks for that Anchs - spot on. You don't have details of a TSB by any chance?

David

Maybe this one.

Thanks for that SHCM. Not quite the symptoms as I only sense the knocking when slow speed manoeuvering but will keep 'in my back pocket' just in case things get worse :thumbsup:

No not that one. This relates to the suspension legs and there was no bulletin but the workshop manager knew about it. If they claim to know nothing let me know and I will go back to the owner of my red car and get the part numbers etc. They were dead cheap plastic washers but they take a bit of fitting as the suspension has to come down then re-aligned.

From what I understand the swivels don't turn freely and it creaks or twangs the spring as you turn the steering. It was just as you came to a junction and turned the steering as you came to a stop it would give out one or two little knocks. It always sounded like the drivers side but possibly came from both (needed to be sat on the other side to hear it). The plastic or PTFE washers allowed it to turn freely. Quiet as the grave!!!

Are you still under warranty?

No not that one. This relates to the suspension legs and there was no bulletin but the workshop manager knew about it. If they claim to know nothing let me know and I will go back to the owner of my red car and get the part numbers etc. They were dead cheap plastic washers but they take a bit of fitting as the suspension has to come down then re-aligned.

From what I understand the swivels don't turn freely and it creaks or twangs the spring as you turn the steering. It was just as you came to a junction and turned the steering as you came to a stop it would give out one or two little knocks. It always sounded like the drivers side but possibly came from both (needed to be sat on the other side to hear it). The plastic or PTFE washers allowed it to turn freely. Quiet as the grave!!!

Are you still under warranty?

Yup, still under warranty so, provided I can get the knocking recognised when I take it in I should be OK. If not I'll be in touch for those part numbers.................

Thanks Anchs

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links