Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hybrid Delivery Any Q's?

MarcoPolo007uk

Forum Newbie here! I've been hanging around in the shadows for a few months!

Im taking delivery of my new Auris Hybrid (T-Spirit) on Thursday. It will be my first venture into Hybrid cars and Im desperate to get in it and drive! In the past month I found it difficult to find much info on the Auris Hybrid due to it's newness, only a few reviews, so if anyone has any questions about the car let me know and I will try to answer them!

If anyone is intrested I was tempted by the Prius, but found it just a little too large for my small family needs, and I liked the idea of it being a 'UK' car. (Well as UK as you can get these days!!) and it looked gorgeous to me in Pearl White! I've made the change from a Seat Leon Cupra R so the power loss will be missed, but I hardly ever pushed the Leon as I've got older, hence time to enjoy some cheaper more relaxed motoring! (Im also a 'Geek' and the technology of the Auris was a huge draw to me!)

hope you enjoy it. let us know how you get on.

beware of scratching it tho as the pearl white is awful to colour match

I bet you're looking forward to it and you'll be one of the first to get your hands on one. It's pretty much a Prius underneath and should be a great drive. You'll love the smoothness of the ride, the smooth transmission and progress. You should also find the fuel economy amazing, though it will probably take a month or two for you to adopt your driving style to the hybrid system and for the car to bed in.

You do realise you're the first hybrid Auris owner on here so prepare for a million questions from the members and I know I'd love to see some piccies too.

Enjoy your new motor :thumbsup:

Im taking delivery of my new Auris Hybrid (T-Spirit) on Thursday. It will be my first venture into Hybrid cars and Im desperate to get in it and drive! In the past month I found it difficult to find much info on the Auris Hybrid due to it's newness, only a few reviews, so if anyone has any questions about the car let me know and I will try to answer them!

Thank you for offering to share your experiences. I'm having the same problem you had - it's difficult to get information. I currently live in California and will be moving to Germany next month. I'm trying to decide between the Prius and the Auris, so anything you know about the differences between the models would be really helpful. And of course just general handling and how you like the first week(s) with it :)

Two specific questions I have - does the keyless entry on the Auris work on all three sides of the car or just the driver's side? And, since I'll be doing mostly short trips, do you happen to know whether the Auris has the same exhaust heat recovery system as the Prius? I asked a Toyota dealer in Germany, but they didn't know yet because the Auris isn't available there yet...

And of course gas mileage would be really interesting - but I know that it'll take a while with a new car to get meaningful figures.

And, if you didn't get the satnav option, I'd be interested to know how well the rear view camera display in the rear view mirror works.

Thanks so much! I wish I had mine already :)

i can help you with some of those as i work at burnaston building them.

keyless entry works on both doors and the tailgate.

the engine and drive train is identical to the gen 3 prius so yes i believe it does use the heat recovery system.

the reversing camera in the mirror is cool, the mirror is just like any other when in neutral or D but when you engage reverse the screen appears in the mirror (aprox 3"X2") not the biggest but does help reversing.

hope this helps.

:thumbsup:

The Auris is smaller than the Prius (not significantly but still)...and yet the official mpg is very similar to the Prius...eh?

Because underneath it is pretty much identical. It is only ever so slightly smaller than the Prius.

I personally would go for the Prius (not that I'm biased) but then talking to some of my passengers about hybrids, some of them like the idea of the Auris Hybrid as it looks like a 'normal' car and doesn't make a 'statement' like the Prius does.

I do think it is a little expensive at only £900 less than the Prius and has a teeny tiny boot, but I still think it will be a success and as dawesy pointed out - it employs British workers making a world class product! :thumbsup:

i can help you with some of those as i work at burnaston building them.

keyless entry works on both doors and the tailgate.

the engine and drive train is identical to the gen 3 prius so yes i believe it does use the heat recovery system.

the reversing camera in the mirror is cool, the mirror is just like any other when in neutral or D but when you engage reverse the screen appears in the mirror (aprox 3"X2") not the biggest but does help reversing.

Wow, thank you! I think it'll be an Auris for me - I'm single and would probably be ok with an even smaller car. The Prius seems huge... and I like the look of the Auris :)

I've driven a RAV4 for the past five years but on Sunday I orered the Auris Hybrid T-Spirit from my local dealer.

I found the Prius is just to big for our needs now that the kids have grown up and have their own cars. :thumbsup:

I'm really looking forward to getting good milage, hopefully be able to double that of the RAV4 which I managed to get 30 mpg on a combined cycle, and being a IT geek I'm really looking forward to the technology too.

Because underneath it is pretty much identical. It is only ever so slightly smaller than the Prius.

I personally would go for the Prius (not that I'm biased) but then talking to some of my passengers about hybrids, some of them like the idea of the Auris Hybrid as it looks like a 'normal' car and doesn't make a 'statement' like the Prius does.

I do think it is a little expensive at only £900 less than the Prius and has a teeny tiny boot, but I still think it will be a success and as dawesy pointed out - it employs British workers making a world class product! :thumbsup:

Grumpy, if u add satnav to the auris t-spirit, it's actually dearer than the Prius I think....

On the Toyota website the entry price for a hybrid auris is £18950, the entry price for the prius is £19855 (they've gone up a bit!!). Fully specced the auris is £22510, the prius is £28105. So there is a reasonable price difference.

Some of the paint finishes are now £610 too :eek:

No solar panel for the auris but interestingly, the auris would appear to allow the use of a towbar...

Protection Pack

from £395.00

Protect your new Auris Hybrid with the Toyota parking aid system. The parking aid system will be a big benefit in avoiding accidental damage when manoeuvring in tight spaces. The body-coloured ultrasonic sensors in the rear bumper link to an in-cabin alarm that warns of obstacles in your way. A cancellation switch is included, for use with a tow bar.

I think that is an error, the reverse parking kit fits a few models and you can fit a cancellation switch to the kit, there is no tow bar listed for the Hybrid model

Kingo :thumbsup:

On the Toyota website the entry price for a hybrid auris is £18950, the entry price for the prius is £19855 (they've gone up a bit!!). Fully specced the auris is £22510, the prius is £28105. So there is a reasonable price difference.

Some of the paint finishes are now £610 too :eek:

No solar panel for the auris but interestingly, the auris would appear to allow the use of a towbar...

Protection Pack

from £395.00

Protect your new Auris Hybrid with the Toyota parking aid system. The parking aid system will be a big benefit in avoiding accidental damage when manoeuvring in tight spaces. The body-coloured ultrasonic sensors in the rear bumper link to an in-cabin alarm that warns of obstacles in your way. A cancellation switch is included, for use with a tow bar.

I was looking at the auris tspirit with satnav as opposed to the prius tspirit where the satnav is included

no other options - solid paint for both

(uness my maths is as screwy as my heart!!!

Sounds like someones messed up, either the salesman or the printers. Obviously the Auris can have a towbar fitted but you would not want to fit one to the Auris Hybrid or the Prius.

Some of our American friends on the PriusChat forum have fitted towbars to their Prius and you might get away with towing a small trailer, but try and tow a caravan and I think you'll be forking out for a new transmission within a short time (they're not cheap!).

No towbar available, its a printing error

I was looking at the auris tspirit with satnav as opposed to the prius tspirit where the satnav is included

no other options - solid paint for both

(uness my maths is as screwy as my heart!!!

basic Auris Tspirit + satnav = £21900

basic Prius Tspirit = £22960

And the Auris has the flashy LED light pack and leather seats as standard.

No towbar available, its a printing error

Interesting, the non-hybrid Auris can take a towbar.

Assumed the hybrid one could as well seeing as it's the same bodyshell.

Probably all the Battery is in/under the boot space where you would bolt it on, so no towbar ;)

nope the rear end is exactly the same.

the HV Battery lives behind the rear seat hence the small boot.

you could fit a standard auris tow bar but not sure on the legalities with it needing to be type approved.

Hmmm dont know then, like you say probably no type approval for a tow bar, OR they just havnt listed it yet on our accessory system, everything else is on there

Ok, so now it's Friday..... Did you pick it up yesterday? And? Like it? First impressions?

Well here I am into day 2 and Im loving the Auris! First some pics for you..

AurisHyb1.jpgAurisHyb2.jpg

AurisHyb3.jpgAurisHyb4.jpg

It's so smooth to drive Im really itching for an excuse to make a long journey! Managed to fluster myself at traffic lights with the Park mode and forgetting how to start the car off! Very embarrassing!

Only problem I've had was with my iPhone... the bluetooth Audio is very limited with the iPhone, can't even skip to the next track... however it's now sorted by setting up the iPhone as just a phone in the Auris menu system and attaching the USB and the phone is then recognized as an iPod. All fits nicely on the dash with a cheap holder. The boot size seems to shock most people! It's just so shallow comapred to a normal boot, however when people see the boot tray it seems to make more sense to them...

The car is a joy to drive, so relaxing and smooth. I've managed a few "Excellent" MPG journeys and averaged around 50-60mpg. Which Im sure I will improve over time! The Power mode works really well when pulling out into traffic, the throttle response is alot sharper.

I've started keeping an MPG log so I can see how the engine MPG Improves over time.

Just noticed someone asked about the rear view camera, I'll go take some pics over the weekend.

Brill, glad u like it!

I know what u mean about the flustered with peak! I did the same on my Prius on the test drive! As u say, most embarrassing

Havefun with it, when my Priusis 3 years old! I'll ray both before I make a decision...

Well here I am into day 2 and Im loving the Auris! First some pics for you..

It's so smooth to drive Im really itching for an excuse to make a long journey! Managed to fluster myself at traffic lights with the Park mode and forgetting how to start the car off! Very embarrassing!

Only problem I've had was with my iPhone... the BlueTooth Audio is very limited with the iPhone, can't even skip to the next track... however it's now sorted by setting up the iPhone as just a phone in the Auris menu system and attaching the USB and the phone is then recognized as an iPod. All fits nicely on the dash with a cheap holder. The boot size seems to shock most people! It's just so shallow comapred to a normal boot, however when people see the boot tray it seems to make more sense to them...

The car is a joy to drive, so relaxing and smooth. I've managed a few "Excellent" MPG journeys and averaged around 50-60mpg. Which Im sure I will improve over time! The Power mode works really well when pulling out into traffic, the throttle response is alot sharper.

I've started keeping an MPG log so I can see how the engine MPG Improves over time.

Just noticed someone asked about the rear view camera, I'll go take some pics over the weekend.

Thank you so much. I've ordered the Auris HSD in March and I still have to wait. In Germany the launch of the Auris HSD will be on September 18th. The dealer said, maybe I'll get the car earlier but if, only a few days. So I hope I get it at the beginning of September.

So thank you for the first report. What about the rear cam. You promise pictures. :)

Bye,

Michael,

By the way: as you read it I'm from Germany. Please excuse faults in my posting.