Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hybrid Delivery Any Q's?

MarcoPolo007uk

Maybe the boosted warranty is giving something back for the Prius price hike when the Auris hybrid was launched? They went up by a lot more than £195 so who's being fleeced? :D

Nothing to say about the warranty. In Germany, there are no changes I think. But I got news about the delivery: I will get my car on or only a little before September 16th. So I have to wait another month.

Our dutch neighbors (30 km away) already got the car in their showrooms. I saw it last friday. It is a very nice car and they make a great job in Burnaston. I'm looking forward to be an owner of this car :)

Any update on how you are liking the Auris?

Hi there,

Sorry, I was meaning to write back on here with an update of how the car has been going since picking her up on the 2nd August. So far everything is going well. I've mainly done the usual 10 mile daily commute on a combination of dual carriageway and town driving with a few longer runs of 80+ miles on motorway, all of which was very smooth and enjoyable to drive. Also, the suspension is more forgiving than the Honda Civic I previously had and as such, rides the speed bumps in town nicely! There is far less road noise in the cabin than the Civic too. MPG wise, I filled up for the first time on Sat 15th after 452 miles, which according to Fuelly is only a few miles off what MarcoPolo did. I was a little disappointed with that given Toyota state you could get 700miles on a tank. I realise that's in perfect conditions, but I was expecting to get in the region of 500, but maybe that will happen as the car beds in a little.

However, MPG was (according to fuelly) was 55.2, but the trip computer said 58.9. Fractionally less than MarcoPolo's MPG but not bad. I did the whole tank using a combination of Eco and EV modes. Think I probably annoyed a number of other road users whilst pulling away at junctions, because when using Eco mode it takes much longer to get up to speed....well economically anyway!

Since filling up I've only used Power Mode, with the odd bit of EV driving to demonstrate to friends how quiet it is when on Battery. I want to see how much of a difference there is in both MPG and distance done on a tank of fuel. The trip computer currently says 49MPG but it keeps going up so it's still better than I used to get with the Civic. I have to say that driving with the power mode on is great. The car will never win an award for the quickest 0-60, but you do get a good turn of speed when using it. The next tank of fuel I'll not use any of the Power/Eco/Ev modes and just use it's normal mode and see what happens then and report back.

Overall, very pleased with the car. It's comfy, quiet, I'm paying less for fuel as it's a smaller tank, getting about 130 miles more per tank than the Civic, and far better MPG....you'd have to be happy with that!

...MPG wise, I filled up for the first time on Sat 15th after 452 miles, which according to Fuelly is only a few miles off what MarcoPolo did. I was a little disappointed with that given Toyota state you could get 700miles on a tank. I realise that's in perfect conditions, but I was expecting to get in the region of 500, but maybe that will happen as the car beds in a little.

Thanks for the update - it's good to hear you're pleased with your new Auris. I think I saw my first hybrid Auris during a trip down to London last week - the headlights looked smart but apart from the Badge by the wing mirror there wasn't much to give it away; personally I quite like that understated character of the car.

Regarding the mileage range, the Auris has the same petrol tank size as my Prius (45 l) and in the past I've analysed the "700 mile range" claim in some of Toyota's literature.

By my reckoning you'd need an average consumption of 70.7 mpg to achieve 700 miles with 45 l, but that assumes the tank is completely emptied. On the Prius the low fuel warning alarm comes on with about 8 l left (more info in this thread) so I wouldn't be suprised if it's the same for the Auris. I've occasionally driven with the low fuel warning on and 0 miles range showing but the most I've ever got into my tank is 38.4 l. If you can manage to use 40 l I think you're doing well (or are a bit foolhardy, depending on how you look at it ;) ) and to run for 700 miles on 40 l requires an average consumption of 79.6 mpg!

500 miles on one tank is a much more realistic target, one I haven't managed yet in my Prius although I'm getting close for my next fill up if I'm careful! I do try to drive economically but not at the expense of disrupting other traffic, and I'm happy enough with my average of 54 mpg since last October.

Good luck with your mpg, as you get to know your Auris (and it beds in) I'm sure it will improve (but be warned it will take a hit when the winter arrives! :( )

So for older gen3, the £195 just gets the extra 3 years on the HV battery and nothing towards the 5 years on other components? So we are stuck with 3 years/60000 miles?

Interestingly, Toyota have said (often) that they expect the Battery to last for the life of the car. Gen II history indicates that batteries tend to last longer than 8 yrs/100,000 miles. £195 is well over 20% of the price of a replacement Battery. This is not a reasonable price for a rare failure.

It's not the Battery failure I'm worried about - it's the replacement transmission cost that keeps me awake at night. :eek:

I think I might be taking out the extended warranty to 100k. Either that or negotiate a new car with the higher warranty.

So for older gen3, the £195 just gets the extra 3 years on the HV battery and nothing towards the 5 years on other components? So we are stuck with 3 years/60000 miles?

who needs warranties on reliable cars anyway ?

Errrm, because even reliable goes wrong, imagine a world where you had to pay for every fault that occured? ......and anyway it's the law so you have one and be done :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

By my reckoning you'd need an average consumption of 70.7 mpg to achieve 700 miles with 45 l, but that assumes the tank is completely emptied.

500 miles on one tank is a much more realistic target, one I haven't managed yet in my Prius although I'm getting close for my next fill up if I'm careful!

45 litres is a shade under 10 gallons so 70.7 mpg is about right to achieve 700 miles on a tank.

It is not impossible but it would put you top of the fuelly raings if you did it. There are some who manage 70+ mpg and you would need to go the last 100 miles with the last pip flashing away. :wacko:

600 miles on a tank is easier. The gen3 can get 60mpg without too much trouble.

500 miles on a tank is no problem to do in the summer. You only need to average a little over 50mpg and go until the last pip is flashing plus 50 miles. It is harder in winter when mpgs drop.

Errrm, because even reliable goes wrong, imagine a world where you had to pay for every fault that occured? ......and anyway it's the law so you have one and be done :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

I have returned to Toyota because my previous Japanese, hence reliable, car developed an intermittent fault 5 months out of warranty and would have cost £1300 plus labour to fix. I stupidly turned down an extended warranty! My wife's Toyota is out of warranty but her Auris is low mileage and probably not too expensive to fix!

Yesterday I went to cologne were the new Auris Hybrid was presented and it's true: they changed the boot for german cars. I don't know, if I like it.

Auris.jpg

Yesterday I went to cologne were the new Auris Hybrid was presented and it's true: they changed the boot for german cars. I don't know, if I like it.

I saw the boot maximiser tray in the Auris brochure before I bought it and asked to be contacted when it's available. However, the dealer said that it should be available in the UK around October and they are offering it as a free upgrade. As long as I can keep the existing boot tray so I have a choice I'll be happy. Don't see why it shouldn't be possible.

I saw the boot maximiser tray in the Auris brochure before I bought it and asked to be contacted when it's available. However, the dealer said that it should be available in the UK around October and they are offering it as a free upgrade. As long as I can keep the existing boot tray so I have a choice I'll be happy. Don't see why it shouldn't be possible.

Aha, Toyota calls this "boot-maximizer". That's nice. The cars we drove came from Belgium. They had the normal (European) boot-tray when they where delivered to Toyota Germany. We've been told, that Toyota just modified the boot-tray for german cars and that this boot tray was changed an hour before we came to cologne. They were brand new.

The more I think over it, the more I found the solution with the "maximizer" more comfortable. The Auris Hybrid boot is very flat and with this "maximizer" you are able to load a crate of beer or something like this.

Aha, Toyota calls this "boot-maximizer". That's nice. The cars we drove came from Belgium. They had the normal (European) boot-tray when they where delivered to Toyota Germany. We've been told, that Toyota just modified the boot-tray for german cars and that this boot tray was changed an hour before we came to cologne. They were brand new.

The more I think over it, the more I found the solution with the "maximizer" more comfortable. The Auris Hybrid boot is very flat and with this "maximizer" you are able to load a crate of beer or something like this.

The more I think about this the less sure I am about the maximiser as the boot "floor" is a thick felt carpet and the two bars in the standard boot support the floor - not sure how that will work with the "big hole". D

FYI, I've just completed another tank of fuel using PWR mode only and only got 45.4 MPG. That's almost 10MPG less than the first run on the first tank of fuel. That would bring the car back close to the MPG of the Honda Civic I used to have. Was fun driving for a while with less care for economy, but I'm back on Eco mode now. Plus I've also pumped up the tyres as they had dropped 3-4 PSI from delivery which will make a difference.

Currently done just over 100miles on ECO again, and getting 62MPG! Lovin it!

The more I think about this the less sure I am about the maximiser as the boot "floor" is a thick felt carpet and the two bars in the standard boot support the floor - not sure how that will work with the "big hole". D

The "maximiser" also got a carpet in that "big hole"

The "maximiser" also got a carpet in that "big hole"

That makes sense - so there's no carpet flap - I thought there was, just confusing myself (nothing new there - must be my age, lol)... D.

That makes sense - so there's no carpet flap - I thought there was, just confusing myself (nothing new there - must be my age, lol)... D.

Today I saw my new HSD. It seems that I can get 1 1/2 weeks before german sales launch (September 18th).

They changed the boot again. It has now the "big hole" with carpet in it (boot maximizer) and a thick carpet to cover the hole. So, if you open the boot door you see a flat boot but you can remove the carpet to increase the boot capacity.

My seller told me, I can get my car after registration on Tuesday afternoon. I'm very excited.

auris4.jpg

Auris.jpg

Danke/Thanks for those pics.

I just kept wondering why would anyone want to buy a C segment car with only 227 ltrs boot capacity. Even Pug 206 I drove was 245 ltrs. This was a big no no.

But from what I see there's plenty of room under boot tidy cover and with "boot maximizer" that actually might be enough in height to fit a stroller in.

Boys you made me dreaming of Auris again :)

Prius is def too big as a downtown car most of the time.

Any info when to expect Auris HSD in Ireland?

I'm now an Auris Hybrid Owner for 2 hours and very proud.

Is there anybody with an iPhone. Can you explain how to get my address book in the car's handsfree set?

I'm still proud and excited. :)

I'm now an Auris Hybrid Owner for 2 hours and very proud.

Is there anybody with an iPhone. Can you explain how to get my address book in the car's handsfree set?

I'm still proud and excited. :)

Congratulations! Please keep us posted how it goes. (8 or 9 weeks to go until I get mine :D )

The manual is not very clear about how to do it. I played about with it this morn and got a few numbers in. When the phone is connected, press the button below the DISP and on the audio screen should appear phone or phonebook, move the top right knob from side to side and it will give you the various options as listed in the manual, or turn to the left and you are given the option to 'go back'

I then managed to input 4 numbers by voice and speed, but should have been able to send the numbers by bluetooth but could not get that to work.

I tested it tonight while driving and it works great.

The manual is not very clear about how to do it. I played about with it this morn and got a few numbers in. When the phone is connected, press the button below the DISP and on the audio screen should appear phone or phonebook, move the top right knob from side to side and it will give you the various options as listed in the manual, or turn to the left and you are given the option to 'go back'

I then managed to input 4 numbers by voice and speed, but should have been able to send the numbers by bluetooth but could not get that to work.

I think the problem is, iPhone is not able to send contacts via bluetooth. My former Nokia E66 could do this. So the only way to manage this is to add every single contact manually.

Also the Audio bluetooth is not as it is described in the book. I managed to pair my iPhone but I still had to choose titles or albums on the phone. The only thing where I could use the Auris Audio is to Start music or to Pause music. But it's not too bad, because I don't need a cable to put in the AUX.

All this is because Steve Jobs built a phone, that isn't able to use all the normal bluetooth standard options. But otherwise, I wouldn't give my iPhone back and so with the Auris HSD and therefore they both have to agree :)

Thank you for your help ;)

I think the problem is, iPhone is not able to send contacts via bluetooth. My former Nokia E66 could do this. So the only way to manage this is to add every single contact manually.

Also the Audio bluetooth is not as it is described in the book. I managed to pair my iPhone but I still had to choose titles or albums on the phone. The only thing where I could use the Auris Audio is to Start music or to Pause music. But it's not too bad, because I don't need a cable to put in the AUX.

All this is because Steve Jobs built a phone, that isn't able to use all the normal bluetooth standard options. But otherwise, I wouldn't give my iPhone back and so with the Auris HSD and therefore they both have to agree :)

There's an update coming tomorrow (8 September) for the iPhone which should improve its Bluetooth capabilities.

Read more here.

There's an update coming tomorrow (8 September) for the iPhone which should improve its Bluetooth capabilities.

Read more here.

wow, that would be fine :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links