Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Custom Exhaust, What Cat U Use?

kintung01

Hi guys, i am going to custom my exhaust, i am hunting for a CAT this week. so can u advise me wt CAT i should use?? some people in forum mention 200 cell, how is it different to 400cell ??(the standard CAT on our car is 400, rite??), which one is more appropraite for our tsport?

also would the sport CAT cause the engine warming light come on??

thx for advise

200 cell is less restrictive inside allowing more gases to pass through. As for gains in performance, supposedly they can gain a few bhp, but have yet to be proven on a TS.

Most 200 cell sports cat's do cause the EML to come on, you can however buy these o2 sensor extender things off eBay for £10 or something. It screws onto the standard o2 sensor so that once it's re-installed it sits further away from passing airflow.

I just got my custom exhaust system fitted, gonna get it dynoe'd soon to see what gains I've made :)

would i hv this problem if i am going to install a 400 cell??

Probably..

Unsure whether mine is a 200Cell or 400cell. Either way, I don't get EML lights and Dyno results shown 8bhp increase between the TTE Bacbox & New Cat & Catback.

Probably..

Unsure whether mine is a 200Cell or 400cell. Either way, I don't get EML lights and Dyno results shown 8bhp increase between the TTE Bacbox & New Cat & Catback.

so i should go to MIJ get my one done?? how much it cost to custom ur exhaust in MIJ

Also how much is the magnaflow 200 cell CAT,so i can hv some idea, thanks

i am thinking of getting a very unique CAT, it use 100cell as intake and 200 cell as outflow, the differential cause pressure inside the CAT, which result speeding the airflow inside. That company already has patient in Japan and CHina, so i think its thoery has worked and proven.