Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Power Steering Fluid?!

Donna-Marie

Hi

I'm new to this, and have just bought a fab 56 plate Yaris.

I absolutely adore it, and being a girl with limited car knowledge and a massive reluctance to ask my hubby car questions (I'll only get a lecture), I wonder if anyone else has had trouble in finding where the power steering fluid goes???

Possibly is just me, but I'm sure it must go somewhere, have rattled around under the bonnet (not that it took that long, not being the largest!) and can't see anything anywhere.

Any clues??

Thanks

Behind the Battery i think... not too sure on that tho...

Why do you need to know where it is if you've just bought it?? unsure.gif

I think most (If not all) of the Yarii have electric power steering except for the T-Sport model, I may well be incorrect here and I'm sure someone with more knowledge on the subject will correct me! So unless you have the T-Sport it wont have power steering fluid!

I think that is right!

Nick

Those cars with Hydraulic power steering the fluid bottle is on the left side of the engine(as you look at it from the front) at the back and a few inches down, It has a funny looking lid on it!

You're mostly right; Not sure about the TS, but I know only the really old Yarissseses have hydraulic powersteering.

If it has a new-style numberplate (i.e. number year instead of letter) then it's deffo electric powersteering.

You can probably check by turning on the engine and dry-steering it a bit; With electric powersteering you'll hear the servo whine. If it's hydraulic, you get more of a squishy noise :lol:

Evn if it is hydraulic tho', you shouldn't need to worry about it (Well, unless you never take the car to a garage for a service! :lol:)

My sr is a year 2000 and has hydraulic p/s. I am pretty sure the French built Yaris from 2001/2002 onwards have electric but i could be wrong. :unsure:

As yours is a 56 plate, I assume that its the new model and I'm pretty sure that they all have electric power steering.

Those older models (like my 2000 model) with hydraulic power steering had the filler tank on the left of the radiator - as you look at the engine from in front of the car - in the area between the radiator and the engine.