Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Club

AygoIronman

That's because linking to other sites that are in direct competition to TOC is deemed as "soliciting members" and is not allowed as per TOC T&C's

Yeah, that wasnt the original link I posted. Shame how you cant share knowledge on other clubs. Fiat, and Peugeot clubs had all links to other clubs even in other countries. Who said it was in competition to this site?

You can find the site under Google,a nd its for Aygo, 107, and C1 owners.

I thought this was a non-profit forum? Why does it matter if people visit another forum?

I thought this was a non-profit forum? Why does it matter if people visit another forum?

People can visit other forums as its a free country, but a forum is only as good as it's members.

I visit other sites but I also support this club by paying a very small fee annually. thumbsup.gif

Nothing in this world is free and yes this is a non profit forum but this board and the software we use has to be paid for out of subscriptions. cool.gif

I know other clubs also have similar rules as here to prevent members draining away, so as non subscription paying members just accept the rules and enjoy the club as it is meant to be. biggrin.gif

Think this site is afraid there`s another site better than this one. lol :rolleyes: I was a full/paid member of the Fiat Club, and that had other links in their web page to encourage members to join other groups/clubs. The Fiat club was a great club, and we even joined in with our Fiat Members in Norway, and the Netherlands. Have no idea why this site has such a closed policy on other sites. Its the rules, and I ll abide but its also a disappointment.

The Peugeot 106 club was also another huge club I joined, and contributed to over the 7 years I had my Peugeot. I ment members from Peugeot Scotland, and England, and also followed in on the French Peugeot Group. It had many members who joined all groups, and shared pics.

This is a good site, but it is rather limited, and the SAME people who contribute. Jan DeWouw (how ya spell his name), and Raistlin have been excellent contributers :yahoo:

That's because linking to other sites that are in direct competition to TOC is deemed as "soliciting members" and is not allowed as per TOC T&C's

Thats odd because I found this earlier on in the forum:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68766

and this:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=68302

No need to worry, as time goes on the limited few on this site who move on and buy new cars will leave this site dead on the water. Why not share with other groups?

I imagine most of the people who buy an Aygo view it in the same light as their washing machine, it's a metal object that does a job.

Thats odd because I found this earlier on in the forum:

http://www.toyotaown...showtopic=68766

and this:

http://www.toyotaown...showtopic=68302

No need to worry, as time goes on the limited few on this site who move on and buy new cars will leave this site dead on the water. Why not share with other groups?

In the first link it is confirmed that the Dutch forum has a link back to TOC, as they are returning the favour so to speak then the link to their site is allowed.

The 2nd link is to a blog... not a forum...

All these points are covered in the TOC T&C's you agreed to upon signing up.

If you have an issue with the T&C's you accepted then i would suggest speaking to TOC Management.

Just saying it how it is... people queried the links being changed... i explained why...

It seems that people don't read T&C's these days....

This is a good site, but it is rather limited, and the SAME people who contribute.

I consider this to be "normal" for a forum. Some are readers, others contributors. Not everyone

wants to help, not everyone can help. So yes, you get a lot of help from the same people.

If you look are a "real life" club event you'll see that those are allways run by the same people too.

Jan DeWouw (how ya spell his name), and Raistlin have been excellent contributers

Thanks for the compliment, I do my best where I can. It's spelled Jan van de Wouw

Where "Jan" is my first name and "van de Wouw" my last name.

You pronounce it roughly like "yahn vahn duh wow" :D Actually, this is the only forum

I'm active on under my own name instead of my current alias of "Murciélaygo"...

Yeah, I've seen you on Citybugclub.nl :D

This is a good site, but it is rather limited, and the SAME people who contribute. Jan DeWouw (how ya spell his name), and Raistlin have been excellent contributers yahoo.gif

Thank you for your kind comments thumbsup.gif

Hey!, Jan van de Wouw, and Raistlin. You are the this sites top two contributers to this site, so I guess I do have some faith in this site.

Cannot believe TOC has a crazy term, or condition how you can`t add different links to other forums. It ACTUALLY brings in MORE members. This is why I m not particularly impressed with this site. We`ve already lost another member after hearing her daughter was having so many problems wioth her car, and no getting a Clio. If another few more go then there will be no one here. Opening up limks helps more people share knowledge, and some people might prefer this site. I havent actually heard of other clubs being in "direct competition" with others, and then removing, or changing people`s posts.

My fondest memory has to be the Fiat Club. I was a fully paid member of the Fiat Club, and they had regular meets. Their website, and forum was walwasy talked about, and encouraged you to participate in contributing on the forum. We didnt have a website back then but I remember on one of or members meets, our chairman decided we speak to other website moderators to link into to our site. we did,and we brought in over 600 new members including from abroad like France, Norway, and the Netherlands!

Shame this site cant to the same, and has such a closed policy.

Oh! Jan van de Wouw, yeah, you`re right its a forum. My biggest bug bear is people putting a message for help, and then letting others answer, reply, and then theres no conclusion from the original poster to tell us how they got on.

My biggest bug bear is people putting a message for help, and then letting others answer,

reply, and then theres no conclusion from the original poster to tell us how they got on.

That's something that I thouroughly dislike too. But it's also part of a forum.

On the Dutch forum we've got some rules in place too, like having to have

25 usefull posts befor you can post in the For Sale section.

But our forum is non-profit and runs on voluteers and donations.

The TOC-forum is part of an actual club. I'm glad their policy keeps it open for non-clubmembers

like myself. I know a couple of clubs that are true members-only and input there is REALLY bad...

Sure, it might be helpful to be able to link to other forums and I DO notice this rule isn't enforced

that strickt at all times, but it's part of the user-agreement. If it really bothers people they're free to leave...

I don't really mind.

• Like 1

My biggest bug bear is people putting a message for help, and then letting others answer, reply, and then theres no conclusion from the original poster to tell us how they got on.

I think this is down to the lack of manners from the individual, If you get a result from advice the least you can do is thank them and explain to all how it resolved the problem.

After all that's why we are here, to assist each other and share best practice with fellow owners.

Or am I being too old fashioned...

i try to when i can, and when i am not sneaking it in while at work on the phone

What about posting.... eek.gif

i try to when i can, and when i am not sneaking it in while at work on the phone

What about posting.... eek.gif

lol posting i have to sneak in while at work so i hide behind some racking or in the bogs lol

[...]

That's something that I thouroughly dislike too. But it's also part of a forum.

On the Dutch forum we've got some rules in place too, like having to have

25 usefull posts befor you can post in the For Sale section.

You also have some weird rules in place, like if you put something in the for sale section, it may not be offered to anyone outside the club (!).

The rule isn't enforced (almost everything in the for sale section is also offered on other online market places), but it can get a member expelled if you mention it yourself ;-)

In the end, all users should just accept that the owners may just do whatever they want, such as delete your user altogether. That's just the way it is...

Hi Bouke, fancy seeing you here :D

[You also have some weird rules in place, like if you put something in the for sale section, it may not be

offered to anyone outside the club (!). The rule isn't enforced (almost everything in the for sale section is

also offered on other online market places), but it can get a member expelled if you mention it yourself ;-)

The "Rule of 25" replaces the "MarktPlaats-regel". So you ARE allowed to cross-post your

stuff for sale and we don't have to enforce the rule, which was pretty hard anyway.

But the thing we're trying to achive with either rule is the same as the rule on this board that

only allows paid members to post "For Sales": the forum should not be fludded with people

who register, just to post their stuff, possibly sell it elsewhere and never showing up again.

Running a board to everyones' liking is near impossible, while complaining is very easy.

So the moderators here and those on the Dutch forum (myself included) just try their best.

That's all you CAN do if you ak me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links