Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Got T-Sport 2 Weeks Ago With Problems!

GazzyG

Interesting that you didnt notice the mis-fire, it must have been a very occasional misfire due to the faulty plug. Wouldnt have been very smooth accerleration I would have thought.

Hope it doesnt come back to haunt you in a few days, but for now enjoy the light free dashboard :)

Interesting that you didnt notice the mis-fire, it must have been a very occasional misfire due to the faulty plug. Wouldnt have been very smooth accerleration I would have thought.

Hope it doesnt come back to haunt you in a few days, but for now enjoy the light free dashboard :)

Yeah, was not the best at accelating straight away but thought this was due to whatever was causing the warning lights! Did not think the problem was that simple as being the spark plugs!. I originally had NGK-iridium spark plugs in the car when I bought it and replaced them a week ago with NGK-iridium after getting a new Oxygen sensor fitted which did not sort the 'Lean error' out.

Some guys on here who have a T-sport, use NGK so I don't know why mine does not like them!

Guess what? Lights have returned already!!! Might have known it was too easy fixing the problem with just Toyota plugs! It goes back in to Toyota on Tuesday.

Oh well, at least I'm enjoying lift now!!!

Guess what? Lights have returned already!!! Might have known it was too easy fixing the problem with just Toyota plugs! It goes back in to Toyota on Tuesday.

Oh well, at least I'm enjoying lift now!!!

I would be seriously complaining mate. I can appreciate how hard it is to back track and locate the exact cause of some faults, but you took it to them to fix and they haven't. So cause a stink and see if them offer any discounts or anything of use.

Toyota found an air-leak when the car went back in on Tuesday. Gone back in Today for the following - Air leak from inlet manifold found pitted,reface + replace manifold gaskets.

Hopefully the warning lights will stay out this time!!! :censor:

• 3 weeks later...

Toyota found an air-leak when the car went back in on Tuesday. Gone back in Today for the following - Air leak from inlet manifold found pitted,reface + replace manifold gaskets.

Hopefully the warning lights will stay out this time!!! :censor:

Hi,

Did you get this sorted in the end?

I got a T-Sport last week and the lights have come on. I reset the light then cleaned the MAF the next day and they have come back on (each time after 170 ish miles). Getting the codes read tomorrow to see whats up.

Well seeing as he hasn't had to post for a couple weeks I think he has it sorted. :thumbsup:

Yeah, It's all sorted. Fixing the 'air leak' solved it. Lights have been out ever since. Everything is great just how it should be!

Now I have to save some cash up! Want to get a new unit to replace the naff cd/radio. (Love the onboard PC that 'nrgizerbunny' has in his T-sport!).

glad to hear it :) I thought I had a MAF problem and was convinced I fixed it but the light came back on with a P0410 code "secondary air pump". I have got the pump going now at least but it sounds knackered!

• 1 year later...

Greetings mates!

Now it's me with this same problem, have been reading the post for a couple times, but now I guess I'll have to transfer some knowledge to my mechanic.

We already changed the MAF cuz and there was an improvement, but then lights showed up (christmas tree fashion).

He tells me about the oxy sensor, but I guess I'll tell him about possible air leaks before getting additional parts.

It's been some time since feeling lift, seriously need it!!!

Hi Luija!

The lights did come back on after afew months then off again them on again. Anyway, I had a bad oil leak from the head gasket/valve timing cover which is now fixed. Got 'Toyota' to do the work and they found out that it had a different engine fitted 'vin numbers' did not match up! The engine was probably from a 'Celica' as they are the same engine.

They said whoever put the engine back in did not do a very good job as alot of bolts were the wrong length etc and the engine wiring harness was poorly repaired in that terminal pins and connector blocks don't contact fully.

They repaired/replaced the faults and got it back to as Factory as could be! It cost me a fair bit of cash but worth every penny as It pulls very strong now alot better than before!

As for Lift, never had any problems. I could always hit Lift!

Hi Luija!

Would not think the oxy sensor would stop you hitting lift?

I know alot of guys who change the Lift bolts. Bit of a job changing them though if you are not clued up!

I'm amazed you parted with £3k for a car with no history, this thread should be a warning to everyone when looking for a car.

I'm amazed you parted with £3k for a car with no history, this thread should be a warning to everyone when looking for a car.

I know what you are saying! LOL!

This is the first car I have ever bought which has had afew serious problems. Yeah, in hindsight should have done some research (Thanks for that 'etihad') but I think I went there with blinkers on as like I said before this is the first car I have bought with problems!!! It did have service history with it but there was a gap in it. Probably where the problems were!

Anyway, the motor has been fixed and is running sweet! (It's all a learning process when you encounter things like this!).

Yeah, it is a warning to people as to what dodgy motors you can encounter. At least I know what to look for next time as when I decide to change motors (not for a while yet I hope) I will know what to look for more as I will defo get another T-Sport! :thumbsup:

I'm glad its sorted but you really should have taken someone who knows what they are doing with you.

Anyway its sorted and you're happy plus you will know for next time so thats the main thing.

Well mine's back now. Think I forgot to mention my problem was not only the three lights, but greater than that -and more importantly- the minimum was kind of crazy, the car would go off in stop lights, and there was some crazy engine behavior after 3000rpm. Very unstable and unpleasant, and I thought at the same time it was all due to the oxy sensor.

(So, I don't know if the main problem I had goes in this thread!)

Even though I mentioned the 'holes in the manifold' symptom, the mechanic said there where no such, instead he found that petrol fed to the engine was very low, so he cleaned the pressure regulator.

Lights where due to some bad grounding, so they're gone. At least I have warranty for the job, in case they show up again. It's good to have the TSport back with its 192+ horses running hard.