Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Oxygen Sensor

dns17

Hi Guys,

The check engine light came on last week and a diagnostic by the mechanic gave "Front Oxygen Sensor" as the source.

Checked with Toyota and they're asking 150+VAT which I'm not too chuffed about.

Does anyone know where I can get a cheaper model or even a genuine one for less?

Also, I've noticed a decrease in performance and a couple of times the engine has switched off whilst cornering at roundabouts. Is that a symptom of the faulty oxygen sensor or something more sinister?

Cheers

EDIT: Read Post No.5 for information

Tags: Gen7, Gen 7, Celica, Pre Cat, Front, Oxygen, Lambda, Lamda, Sensor

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Just wanted to update the post for future Gen 7 Celica users looking for Front (Pre-Cat) Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor information.

The reference number for this from Toyota is: 8946520690

After some research I decided to go for a DENSO direct-fit replacement i.e. plug-and-play (no splicing/soldering etc.)

The DENSO reference number is: DOX-0273

I found this site which had the part: http://www.worldcarparts.co.uk/CarParts/tabid/144/ProductID/1319/Default.aspx

Cost £82 including next day delivery (ordered online on Wednesday morning and it arrived Thursday morning at 8.45 AM)

Part fits perfectly and car running smooth as usual :thumbsup:

I've also found this site (after ordering from the above one!) which sells the DENSO sensor for £60 including next day delivery:

http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/pages/pricing/ccp/Denso-Lambda-Sensors-ccp.asp

Hope the information is helpful to someone.

Cheers

Thanks for the link for the Denso Lambda sensors! I think that is going to be my next purchase to try and fix my broken car.

Cheers