Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Delivery Times

MarkyPancake

My iQ3 was ordered on Tuesday 13 July and they said there's an 8-12 week delivery time, but if it rolls into October they won't give me as much for the part exchange of my current car, so I'm really hoping it comes in September (the end of Sept will be 10 weeks). The only options I took are the CVT transmission and iUrban pack (they gave me this for free).

I believe all iQs are assembled in Japan, then a boat trip here. I'll be really annoyed if it just runs into October costing me more money for the sake of a few days. I don't know why they take so long though, it's not like my dealer was inundated with iQ orders.

Why is the delivery time up to three months on the iQ?

The shipping and clearance itself could take up to 8 weeks depends on the schedule of the ship.

If none of the premade IQ 100% match your options/colour, then I found it reasonable to take 4 weeks to assemble the parts and spray the colour.

And yes, all IQs are assembled in Japan :)

I placed an order end March for an IQ3 multidrive with sat nav. I've been told I should get it end July. Apparently the first batch of IQs with the updated interior arrives 27th July so mine should at least have the better plastics etc. All the same 4 months seems excessive -hope it's worth it.

• Like 1

My wait for a blue IQ was also 2 weeks, it must have been in stock somewhere in Europe. If you are concerned about it arriving in October I would see if the dealership will take in your part-ex in September and put you in a demo/courtesy car until your IQ turns up. When I used to sell cars I did this on a few occasions.

Apparently the first batch of IQs with the updated interior arrives 27th July so mine should at least have the better plastics etc.

The dealer did say to me there was a trim revision happening at the moment, so hopefully mine will have the updated interior too.

If you are concerned about it arriving in October I would see if the dealership will take in your part-ex in September and put you in a demo/courtesy car until your IQ turns up.

I hadn't thought about this, so will ask if they can do it. I don't mind paying the balance under this circumstance if it means I don't lose out on the part exchange money. I can always use my Blade while I wait.

P.S. I voted up two posts in this thread by accident.

I ordered my iQ3 nearly two weeks ago and I still don't have a date from Toyota, other than the 8-12 weeks ETA.

From my experience they won't really have any idea until it has been built. They should then be able to update your dealership more accurately once this has been done.

Roll on the arrival. I saw a black one parked yesterday and one on the road today and the iQ looks much nicer in person than it does in pictures.

Every dealer has the possibility to "see" the dates from his Toyota-Info-System. The name of the ship is in the file. All RollOns-Vessels come to Belgium and the cars are split over Europe. UK cars needs another two weeks after the landing on the continent.

with vessel-tracker you are able to follow the way from Nagoya to Zeebrugge and the harbour times :hokus-pokus:

Finally got a delivery date for my IQ3 -10th August. Not going to hang on for the new reg as having waited over 4 months already I really need the car. Anyway I'll get the improved interior which is good and as well as the 5 year warranty they offer now I still get the free 3 year servicing deal I signed up for when I ordered the car back in March. I got £1100 off the price so with the free servicing and better warranty I think I got a reasonable deal.

I've read a number of posts criticising the headlights and interior light -I'll let you know if they sorted these as part of the updates. John

@ JohnHants:

You will receive a great small car. :driving:

But the interior light has only a chrome ring around the LED and no better lumen. :nerd:

About the frontlights: THEY ARE FINE, nobody in Germany has "improved" them (12.500 iQ on road!) - you will be ^_^

Finally got a delivery date for my IQ3 -10th August. Not going to hang on for the new reg as having waited over 4 months already I really need the car. Anyway I'll get the improved interior which is good

Why do these cars take so long?!

If you're getting the improved interior, then I assume my iQ3 that was ordered mid July will also have the 'updated trim,' as Toyota referred to it, when it finally arrives. Do we know that they've actually changed?

What is the improved interior / trim update they are now doing to the iQ?

I'm guessing my July ordered one will qualify for the new interior. At least I hope it does and it would make the wait more worthwhile.

My IQ2 is due into the dealers on the 11th August it will be intresting to see who gets the new interior. The dealer I spoke to said they didn't know it was being changed :-s

My IQ2 is due into the dealers on the 11th August

When did you order yours?

I finally got a date of mid September and it has been confirmed that my iQ3 will have the updated interior. :)

OK the problem with availability is due to the fact that aston martin have taken a load of production to add to there own range after a revamp of the inside andout with a price Starting at 25 to 35 £k they cannot be bothered to design there own car

I waited 5 months for my Yaris, I done the deal and agreed the price and the part ex price in the January, took delivery in the May. The price I negotiated in January was the price I paid even though the actual car had 2 price increases during the waiting time and the dealer still gave me the part ex price agreed 5 months earlier.

I've received my registration number and it looks like we're still on course for a mid September delivery. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have now been given a date of 14 September, so that will be about eight weeks from the day I ordered it.

I've got a date of 13th September. Ordered it ages ago so I'm not expecting to get the updated interior.

I ordered mine in July and the dealer mentioned the "trim revision," but didn't have any information about it. When I was finally given a date of mid September a couple of weeks ago, the e-mail said I would be getting the updated interior and included a PDF detailing the changes (MY11 iQ). This PDF says "Available to order from 1st August," so I'm guessing they didn't start building my car in July, which I'm pleased about.

• 2 weeks later...

I took my Lexus in today and did the part exchange and paid the balance for my iQ3, so now just a couple more weeks to wait.

Made an enquiry a week ago and was quoted January for an IQ3 - oh no, VAT increase = one less option I thought.

Went to dealers yesterday and ordered one and as the car was specced up the delivery date got closer, so delivery date for IQ3 with leather, bluetooth and chrome is now Nov 20th. Can't wait :)

It's the wife's though. That's the only problem.