Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Over 62Mpg From A Tank!

Fluffy01016

Just wanted to share the good news that after covering 481 miles this week in my Gen 3, I recorded a "true" average consumption of 62.6mpg. The on board display indicated 65.3mpg but my Fuelly.com has tracked it at 62.6mpg.

Anyone had a better full tank??

Best I have had on Fuelly is 62.5mpg over 491 miles

Worst so far has been on holiday trip to Scotland and back, fully laden with 4 Adults and luggage at 56mpg

Still a great improvement on my Gen 2 and that was good enough!

Someone needs to make a diesel conversion of a Prius :thumbsup::lol:

Covered 590 miles whilst on holiday in Cornwall last week and achieved a brim to brim figure of 69.1mpg in my Gen 3 T3.

The on board display would have me believe that it was 74.9mpg at an average speed of 32mph.

This included three days of adverse weather with high winds and heavy rain.

Covered 590 miles whilst on holiday in Cornwall last week and achieved a brim to brim figure of 69.1mpg in my Gen 3 T3.

The on board display would have me believe that it was 74.9mpg at an average speed of 32mph.

This included three days of adverse weather with high winds and heavy rain.

Last two tank, 466 & 514 miles before fill ups, 67.6 MPG on both.

My best mpg (as logged by Fuelly)is 62.4 (Steady motorway cruise around 60-70mph)

If you check Fuelly's stats for all 2010 Priuses, you'll find a spread from 48 to 68mpg, with a peak running from about 54 to 62 mpg.

I'll be one of those 48 mpg guys. I think there are 3 of us on fuelly. It sounds poor at 48 mpg but to me it's amazing considering the 30-32 I got average on the Peugeot 406 manual diesel. Just had a run out to Liverpool and back tonight and the screen display shows 58.9 mpg including some driving in Liverpool itself. I probably could have got more but I wasn't trying and don't hang about either. I've still got about 180 miles remaining on my tank, so my average will probably be dragged down with my usual town work.

What I'm trying to say is that 48 mpg is still pretty damn good despite being the low end of the Prius scale. :thumbsup:

After my Astra I was hoping to get better than 45mpg with the Prius. So am dead chuffed with what I am getting. And with the warmer weather, mpg is getting better. Can now do 500 miles on a tank without trying (not so easy in winter). :yahoo::toast::thumbsup:

I'll be one of those 48 mpg guys.

:offtopic:

Not if you check the 2010 prius stats. Yours is listed in the 2009 prius stats which are mostly gen2s.

Fuelly has a USA bias so although we call the gen3 a 2009 prius, the USA and fuelly call it a 2010. :ermm::crazy::wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links