Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2005 T3 Corolla - Weak Heater/air Con Fans?

steveonthefly

Hi everyone,

I bought my Corolla around Christmas time last year, so I've only recently been using the air con. I've had the air con re-gassed and putting my hand next to the air vents on the dash, the air coming out is nice and cold. However, the air doesnt come out very quickly- I can only just feel it on my face when I have it on 4 (full power) and aimed solely at my face. Also, it takes about 10 mins to get the cabin down to a cold temp on a warm day.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem, or is it just the way they are?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi everyone,

I bought my Corolla around Christmas time last year, so I've only recently been using the air con. I've had the air con re-gassed and putting my hand next to the air vents on the dash, the air coming out is nice and cold. However, the air doesnt come out very quickly- I can only just feel it on my face when I have it on 4 (full power) and aimed solely at my face. Also, it takes about 10 mins to get the cabin down to a cold temp on a warm day.

Does anyone know if this is a common problem, or is it just the way they are?

Thanks,

Steve

When was the last time you changed your pollen filter? (behind the glove box)

Seriously, if its hasnt been changed for a while and its black - cleaning it wont make a difference, buy a new one. Had the same problem in mine, to test just take it out while your stationary for a minute and see if it improves the flow of air.

yep deffo agree with Fox change the pollen filter regardless of its condition they only cost about £10 from parts shop no need to go to toyota for a pollen filter. also you mentioned 4 is full blast...which heater control do you have, the one with the dials you turn? on my digital climate control unit there are loads of bars on the screen and about 7 or 8 is the max power you can have.

naturally you close windows on a warm day when you use the a/c. however if you car has been standing or is generally very warm the trick is to put the a/c on full blast and put all the windows down. this allows the hot air to vent out of the car since its effectively pushed out by the cooler a/c air and after about 3 or 4 min your car will be cool at which point you can put windows up in order to maintain the cool a/c temperature. hope that helps.

Thanks guys, pollen filter was black and had many leaves on top of it. A new filter solved the issue. Thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links