Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speakers

Aygo_Murray

I am in the process of buying in the various parts for a new sound system in my Aygo Blue. Ive read some posts on here which say that there is a limitto the depths of the Speakers as they intrude i.e the door Speakers if too deep will interfere with the window, and the front Speakers if too deep simply can't be fitted. I would be grateful if anybody anybody could post the maximum speaker depths.

Cheers.

Welcome to the club thumbsup.gif, why not measure the ones you have already...

Cheers mate :thumbsup: If it comes to it then I will do that, but was hoping that someone might know on the off chance :P

Woul I also be right in saying that the front dash speakers are 4'' and the speakers in the door/rear, are 6.5''?

Cheers

Hey mate, Ive recently done mine. The Speakers in the dash are 10cm and there is a bit of room in there but not much.. So dont go buying Speakers with huge magnets :P

And the door Speakers are 6.5" yes. There's not a lot of room in there to play with at all, mine only just fit.

They've bedded in now though and the sound quality it miles better!

Cheers Tony, if you dont mind me asking, what Speakers do you have in the door, because Im really confused now because I rang up my local Toyota dealership today and they said 5.5 inch :wacko: But you don't get 5.5 inch Speakers, so I rang up my local audio shop who said they hadn't dealt with Aygos, but said they would be 5.25 inch?

The Speakers that Im looking at are the fusion encounter ones, I can't find the dimensions for the 4'' anywhere but the 6.5'' and 5.25'' are below:

6.5''- mounting depth 65mm http://www.caraudioplus.co.uk/Speakers/Component_Speaker_Systems/6.5_inch_(17cm)_Component_Speakers/Fusion_Encounter_6.5%22_Component_Speaker_System

5.25''- mounting depth 54mm http://www.caraudioplus.co.uk/Speakers/Component_Speaker_Systems/5_inch_(13cm)_Component_Speakers/Fusion_Encounter_5.25%22_Component_Speaker_System

I have my sub, amp, and head unit. So this is pretty vital stuff but I can't find any definitive answers anywhere, even my local Toyota garage couldn't tell me the depth, so I am close to just buying and trying. But I am sure that these will have quite large magnets as they are the Fusion top range.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Cheers Tony, if you dont mind me asking, what speakers do you have in the door, because Im really confused now because I rang up my local Toyota dealership today and they said 5.5 inch :wacko: But you don't get 5.5 inch speakers, so I rang up my local audio shop who said they hadn't dealt with Aygos, but said they would be 5.25 inch?

The speakers that Im looking at are the fusion encounter ones, I can't find the dimensions for the 4'' anywhere but the 6.5'' and 5.25'' are below:

6.5''- mounting depth 65mm http://www.caraudioplus.co.uk/Speakers/Component_Speaker_Systems/6.5_inch_(17cm)_Component_Speakers/Fusion_Encounter_6.5%22_Component_Speaker_System

5.25''- mounting depth 54mm http://www.caraudioplus.co.uk/Speakers/Component_Speaker_Systems/5_inch_(13cm)_Component_Speakers/Fusion_Encounter_5.25%22_Component_Speaker_System

I have my sub, amp, and head unit. So this is pretty vital stuff but I can't find any definitive answers anywhere, even my local Toyota garage couldn't tell me the depth, so I am close to just buying and trying. But I am sure that these will have quite large magnets as they are the Fusion top range.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hey mate, the Speakers I have in the doors are these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pioneer-TS-G1711i-17cm-Dual-cone-Speaker-170W-car-audio-/280520219720?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_Car_Speakers_PP&hash=item41504edc48

Also bought off eBay too. They say 17cm and I think that's equivelant to 6.5" :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hy Tony... i think i will buy the Speakers that u recommend, but will they work without an amp? Its my girls Aygo and she doesn't want to invest in amp/sub-woofer, just to chage the front and rear Speakers into some better ones. What about for the front ones.... which ones do you recommend.

Thanks man!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links