Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anthony Worrall Thompson's Pub Gets Low Hygiene Score

Raistlin

_48427654__45456097_awt282i-1.jpg

TV chef Antony Worrall Thompson has hit out at a council which gave his Oxfordshire gastro pub one star out of five for hygiene.

He said failing to fill out "bits of paper" led to the low score at The Greyhound, in Henley-on-Thames.

South Oxfordshire District Council said the score meant hygiene was "poor" with "standards generally low".

Mr Worrall Thompson admitted food had been found beneath his fridge and oven during the inspection.

But he said people would need to be on their "hands and knees with a torch" to find it.

He added: "All [the public] want to know is if they're going to be poisoned.

"The public don't care if the paperwork isn't done.

"It's treating everyone as if they haven't got a brain. It's got absurd, the amount of paperwork you have to do.

"There's this inbuilt hatred between Environmental Health Officers and chefs. We should be working together."

A council spokeswoman said the inspection - as part of the Scores on the Doors scheme - was driven by a need to improve hygiene and was carried out in February.

'Need to improve'

In addition to his television work, Mr Worrall Thompson owns two restaurants and a delicatessen.

Council cabinet member for health, Dorothy Brown, said: "Mr Worrall Thompson is mistaken that our Scores on the Doors scheme is overly bureaucratic and driven by paperwork, when it is in fact driven by the need to improve food hygiene standards.

"The Greyhound's one star rating reflects the need to improve not only their food safety management but also their hygiene standards."

Ms Brown added the council would do all it could to help The Greyhound improve its score.

The low hygeine score reflects, in my opinion, the way the man looks laugh.gif

The jumped up little wally needs to remember that the good life is not handed to him and that he has to work at it yes.gif

So my message to AWT is.... Work at making things better you little fat man wink.gif

But, did anyone who ate there get food poising or even get ill? :unsure:

I know that standards have to be maintained & I would draw the line at cockroaches,mice & rats, but how many Domestic Kitchens would meet the criteria ? Inns & Taverns would have been shut on the spot in Centuries past, but people survived.

We are being hygenicised to the point that we have no immunity to the germs of our world

The latest scare Advert is the one where the pump of your hand soap dispenser is covered with germs & you should use the Touch free model, ignoring the fact that having used the pump you THEN wash your hands :wacko:

Is your Toilet 99.9% germ free ? Apart from the fact that the 0/01% may get you, Do you drink from it or wash your hands & face in it? :eek: Balderdash, & people fall for it :blink:

He is such a smug bar steward and I for one hope that he suffers... thumbsup.gif

He is such a smug bar steward and I for one hope that he suffers... thumbsup.gif

I dislike him too <_< . All Top Chefs seem to be Egotists :censor: & I didn't post in his defence. :nono:

I just felt a general rant coming on & let it loose upon the unsuspecting public :lol2:

All Top Chefs seem to be Egotists censored.gif

So you cook then :D

All Top Chefs seem to be Egotists censored.gif

So you cook then :D

Me? Cook? Don't be insulting :censor: That's why God took Eve from Adam's rib & so it shall be for evermore :yahoo::bag:

Oh you starve then... blink.gif

Not likely :rolleyes: I show them the Micro wave & give rudimentary instructions & specific orders :saddam:

Not likely rolleyes.gif I show them the Micro wave & give rudimentary instructions & specific orders saddam.gif

Yeah, I heard you were a micro man shutup.gif

Not likely rolleyes.gif I show them the Micro wave & give rudimentary instructions & specific orders saddam.gif

Scurrilous, defamatory rumour :ffs:

Ask any Lady for the inside view :lol: .....................if you can find one who doesn't run from you , screaming :fear::laughing:

Ask any Lady for the inside view laugh.gif .....................if you can find one who doesn't run from you , screaming OMG it's so big... thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the vote of confidence laugh.gif

Ask any Lady for the inside view laugh.gif .....................if you can find one who doesn't run from you , screaming OMG it's so big... thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the vote of confidence laugh.gif

I have total confidence in your inflated self esteem :blowup::thumbsup: viz- your amendment to my post <_< :sneaky2: What was meant was that they run screaming because your reputation precedes you :nopity:

My reputation of having a large appendage thumbsup.gif

Ah. but show us the proof :eek

Please note the bit where "Mouthparts" are mentioned :yahoo:

Biological context

An Appendage is an external body part, or natural prolongation, that protrudes from an organism's body, such as a vertebrate's limbs.

In invertebrate biology, "appendage" is a general term that covers any of the homologous body parts that may extend from a body segment. These include antennae, mouthparts (including mandibles, maxillae and maxillipeds), wings, elytra, gills, walking legs (pereiopods), swimming legs (pleopods), sexual organs (gonopods), and parts of the tail (uropods). Typically, each body segment carries one pair of appendages.

Appendages may be uniramous, as in insects and centipedes, where each appendage comprises a single series of segments, or it may be biramous, as in many crustaceans, where each appendage branches into two sections. Triramous (branching into three) appendages are also possible.

All arthropod appendages are variations of the same basic structure (homologous), and which structure is produced is controlled by "homeobox" genes. Changes to these genes have allowed scientists to produce animals (chiefly Drosophila melanogaster) with modified appendages, such as legs instead of antennae.

You wrote 'having'.... did you mean 'being'?.... wink.gif

Steve runs for cover helpsmilie.giflaugh.gif

So harsh... crybaby.gif

"Every action has it's equal & opposite reaction " :thumbsup:

You hands it out.. you gets it back :boxed::sneaky2::laughing:

Consider yourself lucky we built a moat round your lands... yes.gif

Consider yourself lucky we built a moat round your lands... yes.gif

Actually it was known as "The Pale" & it was built to keep you lot of Big Girls Blouses safe from we He men :yahoo:

Hence The English phrase "Beyond the Pale" :lol: We have done our bit to enrich your ailing language :thumbsup:

Yes we have a lot of foreign words in our language, still it must be good with over two thirds of the world using it...