Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Taser Accidentally Discharged Into Somerset Man's Groin

Raistlin

_48427471_dsc_0661.jpg

A Somerset man is seeking legal advice after a police officer accidentally discharged a 50,000-volt Taser gun into his groin.

Peter Cox, 49, was hit with the stun weapon after being stopped on suspicion of driving a BMW without insurance in Bridgwater on 13 July.

He has denied claims that he had been acting aggressively.

Avon and Somerset Police admits he was shot accidentally and said an investigation was under way.

Mr Cox said he had seen a patrol car following him and pulled over at a friend's house, where he was doing landscaping work.

The officer pointed the Taser at him for a few seconds before lowering the weapon.

Missed genitals

At this point it discharged, hitting his groin and ankle but narrowly missing his genitals.

Mr Cox fell to the ground in pain and had to be treated by paramedics.

"As soon as it was done, [the officer] came running up to me apologising and said it was an accidental discharge," said Mr Cox.

"It was dreadful. The pain was unbelievable. It was the worst pain I'd ever felt."

_48425625__46218678_007644112-1-1.jpg

Police said the officer removed his Taser in accordance with protocol

Mr Cox has Guillain Barre syndrome, a disease of the nervous system which causes numbness and weakness and a degree of paralysis.

He said the Taser shock was worse than any symptoms of the illness he had suffered.

"It paralysed my legs and the top of my body. I felt physically sick and I had a massive headache," he said.

A police statement said the threat of using a Taser was often enough to calm an aggressive suspect.

It said: "On Tuesday morning officers stopped a man in Bridgwater suspected to be driving a vehicle without insurance.

"The man appeared to become aggressive and the officer removed his Taser in accordance with protocol.

"On lowering the Taser it was accidentally discharged.

"The man was given first aid at the scene but is not believed to be injured (mouth to ......) biggrin.gif

Police are now looking into this incident."

Mr Cox denied being aggressive and said his insurance company had confirmed immediately after he was stopped he had valid cover.

What a cunning stunt...............

Kingo :thumbsup:

The phrase "Great balls of fire " springs to mind, for some reason :lol:

And no Vic I don't know where you can buy a Taser and I'm sure that it won't help any way...eek.gif

And no Vic I don't know where you can buy a Taser and I'm sure that it won't help any way...eek.gif

I don't need one , Raist :thumbsup:

I plug in every night for a recharge :drool: & stay plugged in , just as a precaution :excl:

That would account for you electric wit, sparking humour and magnetic personality... thumbsup.gif

That would account for you electric wit, sparking humour and magnetic personality... thumbsup.gif

Don't you love irony...

Glad you put in that last comment :lol: I was quite taken aback & was getting worried about you :no::laughing:

Did you add to my post to save your blushes ?

Did you add to my post to save your blushes ?

I think you are safe enough :thumbsup: You? Blush? :lol:

If you did your cheeks should be on fire by now <_<....... feed line :rolleyes: & you needn't thank me :angel_not:

I never air my knowledge in public...

Yeah ! I know :rolleyes: I got that the wrong way round, & someone should show me how to edit :sneaky2::laughing:

I blush very easily ? Why do you think I inhabit a neat & distinguished looking beard? :laughing:

Yeah ! I know rolleyes.gif I got that the wrong way round, & someone should show me how to edit sneaky2.giflaughing.gif

I blush very easily ? Why do you think I inhabit a neat & distinguished looking beard? laughing.gif

I just thought you were Gay... eek.gif

Yeah ! I know rolleyes.gif I got that the wrong way round, & someone should show me how to edit sneaky2.giflaughing.gif

I blush very easily ? Why do you think I inhabit a neat & distinguished looking beard? laughing.gif

I just thought you were Gay... eek.gif

Of course I am :lol: Happy, Cheerful, Merry, Jocular, Upbeat etc.........most of the time :(

In between raging drunken bouts of depression crybaby.gif

In between raging drunken bouts of depression crybaby.gif

True ! :help: But that has been a characteristic of all Geniuses :yahoo: ....Genii ?

That would encompass self harm,

So that's why you drive a Corolla... laugh.gif

That would encompass self harm,

So that's why you drive a Corolla... laugh.gif

Thought I might as well correct your spelling :hokus-pokus: while I'm here :bored::yawn:

I drive my Corolla by choice & am not into self harm :nono: I prefer to pay a Lady in very high thigh boots, a black leather Basque, mask & a cat o nine tails to do the job for me :lol2: Leave it to the experts! :drool::blushing::bag:

Why don't you get them to leave you alone and get them to smash up your old banger yes.gif

It will save a lot of pain in the long run... cool.gif

Why don't you get them to leave you alone and get them to smash up your old banger yes.gif

It will save a lot of pain in the long run... cool.gif

Philistine ! <_< I'll have you know, Sir. that my car is a rare model & one of the best made by Toyota :yes:

Known as a Rickshaw.... :D

Only to Aygo drivers, who know no better :thumbsup:

:bye: Back later :lol: Keep a place for me :thumbsup:

Can anyone remember what this bloody thread is all about unsure.gifwink.giflaugh.gif

_48427471_dsc_0661.jpg

A Somerset man is seeking legal advice after a police officer accidentally discharged a 50,000-volt Taser gun into his groin.

Peter Cox, 49, was hit with the stun weapon after being stopped on suspicion of driving a BMW without insurance in Bridgwater on 13 July.

He has denied claims that he had been acting aggressively.

Avon and Somerset Police admits he was shot accidentally and said an investigation was under way.

Mr Cox said he had seen a patrol car following him and pulled over at a friend's house, where he was doing landscaping work.

The officer pointed the Taser at him for a few seconds before lowering the weapon.

Missed genitals

At this point it discharged, hitting his groin and ankle but narrowly missing his genitals.

Mr Cox fell to the ground in pain and had to be treated by paramedics.

"As soon as it was done, [the officer] came running up to me apologising and said it was an accidental discharge," said Mr Cox.

"It was dreadful. The pain was unbelievable. It was the worst pain I'd ever felt."

_48425625__46218678_007644112-1-1.jpg

Police said the officer removed his Taser in accordance with protocol

Mr Cox has Guillain Barre syndrome, a disease of the nervous system which causes numbness and weakness and a degree of paralysis.

He said the Taser shock was worse than any symptoms of the illness he had suffered.

"It paralysed my legs and the top of my body. I felt physically sick and I had a massive headache," he said.

A police statement said the threat of using a Taser was often enough to calm an aggressive suspect.

It said: "On Tuesday morning officers stopped a man in Bridgwater suspected to be driving a vehicle without insurance.

"The man appeared to become aggressive and the officer removed his Taser in accordance with protocol.

"On lowering the Taser it was accidentally discharged.

"The man was given first aid at the scene but is not believed to be injured (mouth to ......) biggrin.gif

Police are now looking into this incident."

Mr Cox denied being aggressive and said his insurance company had confirmed immediately after he was stopped he had valid cover.

thumbsup.gif

Can anyone remember what this bloody thread is all about unsure.gifwink.giflaugh.gif

Whatever we're on about, you can be certain that it isn't the original Post :lol:

One of life's little mysteries :rolleyes::lol: