Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Leak?

M4cc45

Hi,

Cutting a long story short I had a few people look at a car I'm selling a day or so ago where by they pointed out a water leak on the car. Funnily enough it never had problems before then so I'm thinking that when I was speaking to one of the guys the other guy loosened something in the engine bay.

Does anyone have any idea where to start looking? If I had to guess I would say it was on the front-right of the engine (facing the wind-screen). The car is a 2004 TSpirit 2.0 D4D.

Cheers,

M.

Hi,

Cutting a long story short I had a few people look at a car I'm selling a day or so ago where by they pointed out a water leak on the car. Funnily enough it never had problems before then so I'm thinking that when I was speaking to one of the guys the other guy loosened something in the engine bay.

Does anyone have any idea where to start looking? If I had to guess I would say it was on the front-right of the engine (facing the wind-screen). The car is a 2004 TSpirit 2.0 D4D.

Cheers,

M.

If the leak is on the nearside that eliminates the screenwasher bottle and AC drain hole. It is more likely to be a coolant leak from the radiator or hoses. The Low Pressure AC pipe is also on that side. Check coolant level in the header tank, remove top engine covers to have a look at the radiator and hoses.

Fitter

Hi,

I checked again this morning and couldn't see any leaking so it seems to me that someone may have poured some water down there when they were checking the engine in the hope that I'd nigh on give away the car. I'll double check today when I get home the bits you've mentioned and lay down some paper or something to see if it really is leaking.

It was definitely water that was on the floor and not coolant so I guess that rules out the coolant so I guess it's just the radiator I need to check - if this was the case would the engine heat level indicator be high?

Thanks very much for the pointers.

M

Hi,

I checked again this morning and couldn't see any leaking so it seems to me that someone may have poured some water down there when they were checking the engine in the hope that I'd nigh on give away the car. I'll double check today when I get home the bits you've mentioned and lay down some paper or something to see if it really is leaking.

It was definitely water that was on the floor and not coolant so I guess that rules out the coolant so I guess it's just the radiator I need to check - if this was the case would the engine heat level indicator be high?

Thanks very much for the pointers.

M

Hi mate,

probably condensation fron the aircon unit which is quite normal.

Regards, Pete.

As above, we get half a dozen people a week come in and say the same thing, it is usually condensation off the A/C pipes, the pipes ice up when the A/C is on, but when you stop, the ice melts and you get clear water drip off under the car, quite normal

Kingo :thumbsup:

I think I'll knock the air-con off and take it for a whizz around the area and see what happens! I'll report back!

Thanks for the help so far guys!

M.

Took it out for a whizz around and it was fine - no warning lights, no leaking that I could see (checked when I parked in Halfords to get some new fuses) and home without any drama so I guess it was condensation - I hadn't drove it for a week so I guess the condensation theory is more likely.

Anyway thanks again guys!

M.