Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Windscreen Wipers

Verso Vulture

Hi all,

Another new member here. Bought a 05 T-Spirit in May. Been very happy with the car, and the kids even happier with the DVD player!

However one thing has been bugging me. I use Rain x on the windscreen, so don't need to use the wipers very often, and rarely on full. I find the auto wipers to be too sensitive. I.E they don't really give me an intermittent wipe when I need it. As fas as I can tell from the manual I should be able to alter the sensitivity by moving the dial that is on the control stalk. This seems to do very little in my experience. No discernable differnece between the different settings.

Is it possible to disarm the auto wiper function so as I can control the intermittent wipe manually?

Also anyone any hints on remvoing the steering wheel? Are there screws behind the wheel to get the airbag out?

Thanks members!

Michael

Hello,

We have a '57 plate verso.

The wiper stalk has 4 set positions and one "push up once for a wipe" position that is marked as "mist"

The top position is off, next one down is auto/intermitent, next is permanent slow followed by permanent fast

I don't know if yours is the same as it's a little older.

Hope that helps.

Bod

Damn, just read your post again and see I have answered it wrong.

The answer is, I dont think there is a way of doing it manualy which is very annoying.

Steering wheel I have no idea about, just be careful of the explosives in there.

Bod

Thanks for that reply Bod. Yeah, our control stalk is the same as yours. Do you know if the dial that is on the stalk is to control the sensitivity of the auto wipers?

You had me thinking then, I cound'nt remember what the twist collar did as I never use it as the whole auto wiper thing drives me mad, so I went and got the handbook.

This is what it says:-

"You may adjust the automatic control sensitivity by twisting the automatic control adjuster in the "-" direction which requires more raindrop volume to start the wiper, or in the "+" direction, which requires less raindrop volume to start the wiper."

So, today we both learnt something. LOL

Bod

You had me thinking then, I cound'nt remember what the twist collar did as I never use it as the whole auto wiper thing drives me mad, so I went and got the handbook.

This is what it says:-

"You may adjust the automatic control sensitivity by twisting the automatic control adjuster in the "-" direction which requires more raindrop volume to start the wiper, or in the "+" direction, which requires less raindrop volume to start the wiper."

So, today we both learnt something. LOL

Bod

Thanks for digging that out. Was sure I read somewhere that was the case. Doesn't seem to make any difference to me though. Maybe I have a faulty sensor....