Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Red Led

Nash

Can anyone tell me what the little red LED next to the handbrake is there for??? I've never seen it flash!!

I've got a T-Sport so am not sure if its just the T-Sport or all models.......

I have that same "security" light which flashes on mine, but that was even before I had an alarm fitted - always thought that it was just a deterrent to anyone thinking of pinching one - I now have 2 flashing lights tho, which is cool ;)

Pav

Should have two flashing LED's on the TS for motors having the standard alarm.

First LED which has security next to it indicates that the engine is imobilized ( due to removing key from ignition...as Key contains a transponder which activates the imobilizer when removed. ie Yaris key can't just be copied.

Second LED near Handbrake is when the alarm is set.

vipes.

On the 02 model you have a red light by the CD player which flashes which says security. Also the one by the hand brake as well :thumbsup:

jerry!!

i only have the security one.... but i am thinking of changin to a blue one :D

sweet idea i mite have to pinch that!

i think its something to do with the law a car which has a thatcham 2 upwards alarm must idicate so...hence the flashing light!dont know whether colour oanything matters!

(if the yaris is not thatcham 2 then thats that ruled out :lol: ,but i swear i read that somewhere!)

CB :thumbsup:

Dont worry Lee, ive only got 1 too! (Women get scared by two, so ive been told anyway!)

Mines an 01 plate, and the single is for the immobiliser.........

id like to know what sensors the alarm has got exactly, maybe a microwave field??? ive looked all over for them but to no avail?? sure knows ya there tho!

Nope, no sensors here...... Well that explains my little concern about havin no alarm then!!

Anyone know why some have alarms and some dont....??

Very confusing this............... :wacko:

Lee

id like to know what sensors the alarm has got exactly, maybe a microwave field??? ive looked all over for them but to no avail?? sure knows ya there tho!

I'm curious as well as to how the alarm actually senses a break-in / movement.

as Lee alarm/ or no alarm says there are no visible sensors.

But if you in the car...set the alarm...and move...then it's activated.

Also activated just by washing it....although not actually moving said car...as you can rock it harshly and the alarm doesn't go off.

so...1... how does it monitor internally.

and 2 how does it monitor external attack?

Vipes.

the place where im gettin my windows tinted in bristol,the bloke that owns the place he used toi install yaris alarms so ill ask him when i get them done!!

ill try and find his email!

CB

Sorry off topic here but Nash where did u get ur GMAX springs and how much were they if u don't mind me asking! Also do they do them 4 non T-Sports?

Cheers :thumbsup:

instead of posting that question in here!in the main forum u can start new topics where they will probably get more of a response, as the appropriate ppl will read the post!!

or if its member specific u could pm them!

CB :thumbsup:

Ryan 1985,

The springs are from www.potn.co.uk and they are a 40mm drop on any Yaris. They were £102 incuding VAT and delivery, they arrived within 2 days from ordering. :thumbsup:

Cheers Nash! Thats me sorted 4 my suspension now, koni adjustables and sum GMAX springs! Watch this space people!

And sorry chrisb :huh:

Car alarms can't tell if it's an internal attack or an external attack (unless they have a dual zone microwave sensor), Most car alarms have a dual zone shock sensor which detects a light impact and just chirps alarm or with a heavier impact the alarm go's into full alarm mode.

Hate to be a smart *****, But I have the original LED, The Viper Led, And two of the small blue flashing Viper neon lights, one at the base of the windscreen and one on the backdeck, Looks like a circus at night, all those lights blinking away!

Car alarm info

Viper 650XV

Digital tilt sensor (To protect my wheels)

Dual shock sensors (1 front, 1 rear)

Dual Battery backup

Pager

Boot/trunk release

Internal light control

stereo control (I switch my Clarion H/U on and off with the Viper remote, Why? Who knows! Good for a giggle at shows though!) :thumbsup:

Car alarms can't tell if it's an internal attack or an external attack (unless they have a dual zone microwave sensor), Most car alarms have a dual zone shock sensor which detects a light impact and just chirps alarm or with a heavier impact the alarm go's into full alarm mode.

Hate to be a smart *****, But I have the original LED, The Viper Led, And two of the small blue flashing Viper neon lights, one at the base of the windscreen and one on the backdeck, Looks like a circus at night, all those lights blinking away!

Car alarm info

Viper 650XV

Digital tilt sensor (To protect my wheels)

Dual shock sensors (1 front, 1 rear)

Dual battery backup

Pager

Boot/trunk release

Internal light control

stereo control (I switch my Clarion H/U on and off with the Viper remote, Why? Who knows! Good for a giggle at shows though!) :thumbsup:

internal attack or an external attack?

do you mean ultrasonics and tilt sensor?

Somebody mentioned how does a Car alarm know the difference between an internal or external attack?

The only way a car alrm can tell is if you use a microwave sensor with DUAL zone, The 1st zone protects the Exterior with a warn away chirp or Voice (My Viper uses the voice to say "Protected by Viper, Stand back!")

The second zone is based in the exterior and send the alarm into full alarm mode incase of an Intrusion into the Cabin space.

One thing to remember with Microwaves, Window tinting can cause problems because the Metal in the Tint can stop the Exterior zone from working. Some new cars now have a very light tint in the glass from new, This can also upset the Microwave sensors.

Ultrasonics are slowly losing favour paticularly in the Tropics, If you leave your window down a little bit for ventalation the ultrasonics can be falsely set off all the time.

And the Tilt sensor is mainly there to protect your Alloy wheels.

Hope this helps.

Somebody mentioned how does a Car alarm know the difference between an internal or external attack?

The only way a car alrm can tell is if you use a microwave sensor with DUAL zone, The 1st zone protects the Exterior with a warn away chirp or Voice (My Viper uses the voice to say "Protected by Viper, Stand back!")

The second zone is based in the exterior and send the alarm into full alarm mode incase of an Intrusion into the Cabin space.

One thing to remember with Microwaves, Window tinting can cause problems because the Metal in the Tint can stop the Exterior zone from working. Some new cars now have a very light tint in the glass from new, This can also upset the Microwave sensors.

Ultrasonics are slowly losing favour paticularly in the Tropics, If you leave your window down a little bit for ventalation the ultrasonics can be falsely set off all the time.

And the Tilt sensor is mainly there to protect your Alloy wheels.

Hope this helps.