Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prius Front Brake Disks And Pads

rodi

Hi guys, my Prius done 63k miles and my front disks are 90% worn and lipped although pads are fine.

1. How many miles roughly I can still do on them? I am normal driver and not Hamilton :)

2. Which disks and pads would you recommended?

3. Are the BluePrint disks and pads any good? Toyota genuine one costs £177 (£280 fitted), BluePrint about £120 fitted.

Thank for advise.

The genuine ones have served you well, no point in changing them for some unknown quantity

I can do you genuine pads and discs for about £155 delivered

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi guys, my Prius done 63k miles and my front disks are 90% worn and lipped although pads are fine.

1. How many miles roughly I can still do on them? I am normal driver and not Hamilton :)

3. Are the BluePrint disks and pads any good? Toyota genuine one costs £177 (£280 fitted), BluePrint about £120 fitted.

Thank for advise.

1. If they are 90% worn at 63K then you have at least another 7k left before you need to change them.

2. Most discs are made of the same material so IMO the cheap ones are as good as any for general use, maybe with either Toyota pads or branded ones such as Mintex, Ferodo etc.

3. Not sure what you mean by Blueprint.

Bear in mind that Toyota parts should be used if the car is still in warranty to avoid any hassle if something goes wrong on the brakes.

The genuine ones have served you well, no point in changing them for some unknown quantity

I can do you genuine pads and discs for about £155 delivered

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thank you, but my local main dealer are cheaper.

BTW are they easy to fit? I've changed already disks and pads on 2001 Corolla and wondering if i need to know something more about prius brakes.

Thank for advise.

1. If they are 90% worn at 63K then you have at least another 7k left before you need to change them.

2. Most discs are made of the same material so IMO the cheap ones are as good as any for general use, maybe with either Toyota pads or branded ones such as Mintex, Ferodo etc.

3. Not sure what you mean by Blueprint.

Bear in mind that Toyota parts should be used if the car is still in warranty to avoid any hassle if something goes wrong on the brakes.

Thanks for swift response.

1. I should figured this out, very simple math ;)

2. I found out that toyotas brakes made by Bosch or Brembo. Bosch own Pagid which they brake disks and pads cost half the genuine one, but are any good???

3. Blue Print is the brand of replacement parts for Japanese, Korean and American cars. They offers 3 year warranty, but are they any good???

I used non genuine oil filer, air filter etc. and this didn't void the toyotas warranty ... I think this depends of the mood of the local dealer ;)