Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygone

Phoenix999

Well the time has come when my daughter has parted with her Aygo Black yes.gif

Sorry guys but I have to agree with her reasoning that the car is not good huh.gif

She bought it brand new in July 2007 and has had lots of trouble with it and it also appears to be an unlucky car.

The doors leaked endlessly, Toyota fitted new seals and then secondary seals but still water gets in mad.gif The carpets had to be changed because of this.

The gear change mechanism kept working loose and needed constant adjusting.

The clutch had to be replaced.

The steering rack had to be replaced.

Thankfully this was all warranty work.

She had three different people run into the car which gave rise to three lots of insurance work

The car was broken into once and had to have the rear nearside glass changed.... twice!

Anyway.... she became totally fed up with the car and decided to change in favour of a Renault Clio and frankly I have to agree with her decision.

Both she and I feel that it is the Peugeot/Citroen influence is what lets the car down.... had the car been a pure Toyota we feel there would have been far fewer troubles.

So.... Goodbye Aygo thumbsup.gif

I had a Williams Clio back in the day and got nicked on the M1 supposedly doing 109.9 MPH, she moved like sh** off a shovel, enjoy the new car thumbsup.gif

I had a Williams Clio back in the day and got nicked on the M1 supposedly doing 109.9 MPH, she moved like sh** off a shovel, enjoy the new car thumbsup.gif

Thanks for your kind words.... I hope my daughter never gets caught doing that sort of speed blink.gif

Am sorry to hear that your daughter has had so much trouble with her car i have an Agyo black and from ownership have never had a day of trouble car trouble cd happen to anybody with any make/model of car id be gutted if my agyo caused me problems i hope she enjoys her clio and its more trouble free than her Aygo

Before opting for a Clio did you read any of the 128 pages of Clio owners problems on the Parkers website?

Sorry to hear about your daughters leaking Aygo. Thankfully all the work the car requeired was done under warranty/ I ve got a 2007 Aygo, and its never leaked.

As for 3 people running into her car? A sign of bad driving?

Broken into? Did she leave any valueables in her car? Mt flatmate once left a black folder in his passnger seat. At night it must have looked like a laptop, and unsurprisingly his car got broken into, and his folder was found a few mteres away. I personally NEVER leave anything in full view in my car. Its just an advertisement asking to be broken into.

Lets hope your daughter didnt "talk" you into buying a new car, and the SAME thing happens with her new car. Have to mention Dave, 128 pages of problems with the Clio? Not good, but where`s the link? I ve driven 2 Renualts, and neither car gave me any trouble ALTHOUGH I have to say Renault parts arent the cheapest and getting parts of the car became a complete nightmare due to cost.

Good luck with the Clio.

Sorry to hear about the problems you had with the Aygo, but I am confused by your comment that it is the Peugeot/Citroen influence that lets the Aygo down, yet you are willing to buy a Renault Clio? :blink:

Sorry to hear about the problems you had with the Aygo, but I am confused by your comment that it is the Peugeot/Citroen influence that lets the Aygo down, yet you are willing to buy a Renault Clio? blink.gif

I am sure I am correct in saying that the Aygo is not built by Toyota.... but by Peugeot/Citroen in the Czech Republic or is it Slovakia unsure.gif This is why the Aygo is very similar to the C1 and the 107, hence my comment! I personally feel that Peugeot can make some reasonable cars but in the main Citroen cars are crap and all too frequently let down by disgusting customer support sad.gif

The Clio is obviously French but made by Renault and therefore quite a different animal biggrin.gif