Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Aygo Blue Soaking!

ChillAygo

Well I guess I spoke to soon, after 4 weeks and 24 hours of almost constant rain I got up to find the passengers and drivers footwell wet. Cant say I was surprised but its a bit gutting for a 4 week old car. Took it straight to the garage who took it off me straight away and got me a courtesy car. They have been pretty good so far. They have had the car for 2 days now and are completly testing it. The techy was quite surprised as he said the 2010 models had different seals as opposed to 2005-2009. Should get car back tomorrow. I am hoping it rains next week so I can test it. If it leaks again I will be rejecting the car and asking for a new one!

Thanks

Well I guess I spoke to soon, after 4 weeks and 24 hours of almost constant rain I got up to find the passengers and drivers footwell wet. Cant say I was surprised but its a bit gutting for a 4 week old car. Took it straight to the garage who took it off me straight away and got me a courtesy car. They have been pretty good so far. They have had the car for 2 days now and are completly testing it. The techy was quite surprised as he said the 2010 models had different seals as opposed to 2005-2009. Should get car back tomorrow. I am hoping it rains next week so I can test it. If it leaks again I will be rejecting the car and asking for a new one!

Thanks

From what I can remember, you got yours at the same time as ours.... We've had continuous sunshine down here, only the occasional shower and so far not even had to wash ours! So it's not even got wet since we've had it.

Hope you have success with your dealer and please keep us posted

Only a matter of time before all Aygos leak. When they fit the additional weather seals, just make sure they do a very good job -n check the adhesive is applied correctly all the way round the body of the car and it is not coming away. Ours went back 3 times because they never fitted the seal correctly.

Remember, they just glue the seal in place- if not applied correctly - the adhesive can be exposed to the elements and could loose its adhesion ... resulting in the same situation as before: leaking.

I,ve had my Aygo for about 3 weeks now, and it has been bone dry with all the downpours we have had and it absolutly battered down for about 10 hours non stop on wednesday causing mass flooding in Perth, still no leaks!! :)

might be a pick of the draw with the seals, mine has still stayed bone dry 4 weeks on, i blame the way the cars are made, with the french counterparts lol

I m sorry to har about your new Aygo leaking. The manufacturers have to ask questiones why this is the case. Unless my car is the exception. I ve driven 1 hour in havy rain. It was on Wednesday, and we had 40mm of rain! It was so bad on some arears of the M8 the traffic slowed to 40mph as the dual carriageway was completey flooded over in some parts, you couldnt see the white markings.

I spent another hour after driving back home in torrential rain, and when I got back home. The news showed parts of Perth was flooded.

I ve owned the Aygo for 1 year now come as I bought her second hand, last July, and GUESS WHAT!? ABSOLUTE BONE DRY! Not a drop, not a sausage. My car is registered in 2007, and it has the "old" seals. I didnt know the new Aygo had new or different seals as mentioned above.

Why are some cars dry, and some soaking wet?

Quality control checks need to be done correctly as it looks like someone is not doing their job right

Just washed my wife's Blue -4 weeks old and first wash.... Bone dry after 3 full buckets were thrown over it to rinse the bubbles off... I'm gonna keep a close eye on it though....

Just washed my wife's Blue -4 weeks old and first wash.... Bone dry after 3 full buckets were thrown over it to rinse the bubbles off... I'm gonna keep a close eye on it though....

Strange how some cars leak, and some dont. Three bucket, aint a lot of water. Try 40mm of rain, and driving in 2 hours of the liquid. Like one of the commandos in Predator said: "We have nothing"! lol

Try 40mm of rain

40mm of rain is essentially 4 buckets (a bucket being about 10l)

spread over 1 square meter (about 11 square feet)

Try 40mm of rain

Bearing in mind that first bucket went over roof, second on offside, 3rd on nearside and final one on the tailgate, I reckon it had a reasonable first soaking... when the weather gets bad i'll take it to the local 'clean machine' and try the high pressure washer....

Try 40mm of rain

I give up. $0mm is equilavlent to 1.57 inches of rain. Ive driven 2 hours in the torential downpour, and thats more that 3 buckets of water. Yes, I ve wahsed me car. The most I ve ever washed my car with was 2 buckets, but that doesnt get into you`re arches, or floor pan. Washing with buckest just, well, er washes the car. Until you know what 40mm of rain in 2 hours of driving. That does NOT compare to buckest of ater. Driving on the motorway with SPRAY everywhere. Until you get 40mm of rain in a couple of hours, please donr come back to me with an asnwer as it doesnt compare to a bucket and sponge!

Just washed my wife's Blue -4 weeks old and first wash.... Bone dry after 3 full buckets were thrown over it to rinse the bubbles off...

New Aygos don't leak, but they will after a while because the factory fitted standard door seal looses its shape after a while. Because it compresses (when the door is shut against it) it does not spring back to its intended shape and therefore does not provide as tight a seal when it was new.

I can't comment about leaks in the boot and other areas as other members have experienced, but the doors, is pretty straightforward. The single seal is not good enough to stop water over a period of months and year.

4 week old Aygo, I would expect it to withstand water ingress. 8 months down the line? Maybe a year? It will leak.

My '58 Aygo leaked through both doors when i first got it. In some cases it looked like someone was poking a waterpistol through the bottom of the door- i just poured in!

It took 3 trips to the dealership to get it sorted (I can only assume they tried cheaper fixes on the first two visits!)

Eventually they replaced all the seals on both doors and everything has been fine since.

Slightly irritating that it took three visits, but i couldn't fault the reaction and helpfulness of the dealers

i have a 2007 aygo black 5 door and in the last week or so it as rained cats and dogs here in lancashire and the car is bone dry. the cars that are leaking are the 3 or 5 doors . hope you get you new car sorted out soon

My '58 Aygo leaked through both doors when i first got it. In some cases it looked like someone was poking a waterpistol through the bottom of the door- i just poured in!

It took 3 trips to the dealership to get it sorted (I can only assume they tried cheaper fixes on the first two visits!)

Eventually they replaced all the seals on both doors and everything has been fine since.

Slightly irritating that it took three visits, but i couldn't fault the reaction and helpfulness of the dealers

My 07 Aygo has bin in 3 times now.Last time was January I had to pay my own insurance for courtesy car which I was not happy about. As the leaking was no fault of mine. I thought the problem was solved to my horror I went to get the spare wheel out today an the well is full of water Omg. Will this still be covered as my warranty is now up???

Update - Car was at dealership for 3 days. All seals have been replaced. Apparently the water was comming through the speaker area. Not so sure as surely the Speakers would stop working the the water would collect in the side pockets. They spent a hole day testing the car for leaks once the seals etc were replaced. They are a very good dealership and have been very sympathetic. I have made it clear that if It leaks again I will seek to reject the car and demand a new one. Hopefully it wont come to that. Will see how it goes over next month or so.

There IS a known problem with the seal/barrier behind the front door Speakers.

Water from the side window can pass the lower windowseal/bristle and will then

drip onto the "bucket" that protrudes into the door to give clearance for the speaker.

The barrier is made out of foam instead of plastic, so it CAN let water through, which then

seeps down between the door and the doorcard, never even coming near the speaker.

Once it's passed the lower ede of the doorcard it collects on the lower

door seal untill the little "gutter" is full and then runs into your footwells.

Earlier cars didn't have this problem that much, since they had no Speakers in the doors,

so the barriers were flat pieces of foam. However some were not sealed properly

at their lower edge, allowing water to pass between the metal and the barrier anyway!