Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Funnerburd 2 Parts Required

Big Kev

Come in Kingo or anyone in the know....see attached photo of plastic end caps which fit into the chrome side tubes of wifey's Rav 4 Granite (3 Door.) One has dropped off in the recent delugifications of precipitation, and is therefore lost, and on removing two others, have found the plastic to be disintegrational. You will see the photo'd one has some section missing.

They don't seem to have a Toyota part number....anyone any ideas where I might procure?

Big Kev. :help:

post-59404-127980912385_thumb.jpg

Ann Summers?

Already been oot wi' Donna, so won't bother with her kinky wee sister.

Big_Kev

Commiserations and flagellations to you

I can supply the aforementioned endcapsulation for a mere £25.89 for a pair (does one side)

The above price can only go upwards according to the customers attitude :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Sold-To the man in the bright yellow (BIG) rainsuit :thumbsup:

Come in Kingo or anyone in the know....see attached photo of plastic end caps which fit into the chrome side tubes of wifey's Rav 4 Granite (3 Door.) One has dropped off in the recent delugifications of precipitation, and is therefore lost, and on removing two others, have found the plastic to be disintegrational. You will see the photo'd one has some section missing.

They don't seem to have a Toyota part number....anyone any ideas where I might procure?

Big Kev. :help:

Go for a little style - try champagne corks.

Method: Open bottle, save cork, drink contents of bottle with wifey, attempt to fit cork into side tube. If it fits, good; if not - hey you will have had fun trying!

Mike D :yahoo:

Big Kev

these things are available from China currently at only £0.0003p each. Know anyone at yer local chinky restaurant??

What about removing them both and fitting normal rubber grommets?

What about removing them both and fitting normal rubber grommets?

Or if you have the inside diameter of the tubes assuming they are round? I could turn you something in hardwood, painted black they "wood" last forever :thumbsup: Stew

Jist take the side bars aff , afore they fa aff.

Many thanks to all for their help and suggestions, some helpful....some not, but where else would one get offers of Hardwood Turned End Caps? Not on yer VW or Land Rover sites. Cheers LH.

I have taken up the offer from our King of Parts on this occasion, and currently await these gold plated, brushed platinum, diamond encrusted replacements he is obviously sending me. What a guy !!!

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Many thanks to all for their help and suggestions, some helpful....some not, but where else would one get offers of Hardwood Turned End Caps? Not on yer VW or Land Rover sites. Cheers LH.

I have taken up the offer from our King of Parts on this occasion, and currently await these gold plated, brushed platinum, diamond encrusted replacements he is obviously sending me. What a guy !!!

Hey Kev,

As these bits of plastic are so valuable and you being a canny Scots person I'm sure you've already thought about a strategically placed pop-rivet or self tapper to keep them in place :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Diamond encrustulations indeed :lol:

Hey Kev,

As these bits of plastic are so valuable and you being a canny Scots person I'm sure you've already thought about a strategically placed pop-rivet or self tapper to keep them in place :thumbsup:

Way ahead of ye there, Dee....the pop rivet will contain a superglued self tapper and sky-hook to avoid falling oot again.

will also be using a product unknown to most folk....Moremore Nails.

Big Kev :lol:

Hey Kev,

Way ahead of ye there, Dee....the pop rivet will contain a superglued self tapper and sky-hook to avoid falling oot again.

will also be using a product unknown to most folk....Moremore Nails.

Big Kev :lol:

Just thought - you could do some modificatory adaptivations to those fitterings. Fillerup-a-plug fore end and drain-er-offer tap rear end. You've then got yer own version of aircraft 'drop tanks' for bulk transport of Highland nectar :thumbsup:

I had these on my RAV4 and the first time one fell off, Dealer told me they never heard of this happening and asked me for around £30 for a pair.  I got them to replace them under warranty due to failure of the pop-rivet  :thumbsup:  

Since then, I used to check the fitting every time washed the car or weekly - whichever came first (hence dirty hand checking them  :rolleyes: ) and if loose, drilled out the old pop-rivet and redid it - each cap used to get loose every 12 months or so, I would say.

So can't help with where to get replacements, but once you find them, they really need regular checking - and maybe drill an extra hole for a second fastening?

LHs suggestion is actually really good, especially as when they get wet, there will be some expansion and fit even tighter (the bars are tubular, btw)  :thumbsup:

Bonjourno Hooverio,

Just thought I would check, so therein lies the problem, thanks.....there are no holes where pop rivets or self tappers would have been. Mine seem to be a tapered/interference fit in the tubes. I will be interfering with said interference fit when Kingo Treasure arrives, by making a hole and securing.

Davrav's idea also a cracker....could easily become a smug druggler with these tubes !!!!

big Kev :lol:

Bonjourno Hooverio,

Just thought I would check, so therein lies the problem, thanks.....there are no holes where pop rivets or self tappers would have been. Mine seem to be a tapered/interference fit in the tubes. I will be interfering with said interference fit when Kingo Treasure arrives, by making a hole and securing.

Davrav's idea also a cracker....could easily become a smug druggler with these tubes !!!!

"easily become...." ?? wot on earth are you doing living in Glasgow if yer not smugglin fur a living? Naw - dinna tell me yer polis. :lol:

Bonjourno Hooverio,

big Kev  :lol:

Yo!

you sure no holes? I had one hole in each one (no, not the 4" one at each end  :lol: ) and it is towards the bottom and into the centre of the car so quite hidden.  without the rivet, the caps pull off pretty easily (or fall off !)

Bonjourno Hooverio,

Yo!

you sure no holes? I had one hole in each one (no, not the 4" one at each end  :lol: ) and it is towards the bottom and into the centre of the car so quite hidden.  without the rivet, the caps pull off pretty easily (or fall off !)

Cheers Hoovz,

Found the miniscule hole which obviously received the inadequate pop rivet which failed and is/has failed on all four.

I will probably opt for my newly patented product, Moremore Nails as discussed, using so much of it as may affect the overall performance and economy of the vehicle. (In other words, it will be well slabbered with adhesive), after which I may also insert a self tapper, in the absence of pop rivetting arrapatus.

Big Kev. :thumbsup:

Bonjourno Hooverio,

Yo!

you sure no holes? I had one hole in each one (no, not the 4" one at each end :lol: ) and it is towards the bottom and into the centre of the car so quite hidden. without the rivet, the caps pull off pretty easily (or fall off !)

Cheers Hoovz,

Found the miniscule hole which obviously received the inadequate pop rivet which failed and is/has failed on all four.

I will probably opt for my newly patented product, Moremore Nails as discussed, using so much of it as may affect the overall performance and economy of the vehicle. (In other words, it will be well slabbered with adhesive), after which I may also insert a self tapper, in the absence of pop rivetting arrapatus.

Big Kev. :thumbsup:

Before fitting said end caps into tubes might be an idea to run some sillycoon sealant around inside of tube, This way when you push endcaps in, it will not ooze out allover your new caps, also there are 2 types of pop rivet, 1 where the Mandrill (nail) pulls right out, and best for you "blind" pop rivets where the Mandrill snaps off + seals the hole in the rivet these are stronger, If you use sillycoon sealant might affect the taste of the whisky, I would suggest you only smuggle Laphroaig as this tastes very similar to silicone sealant IMO.. :thumbsup: Stew

Laphroaig spelleded wrongfully, Stew, but deserves to be, as should really be renamed "Nitromors Mild" in my opinion.

Do not spill on polished furniture. Seek ye all out "Monkey Shoulder", even now available at that American shop, Asda, but now only after 10.00am apparently.....God, how I hate mornings now, waiting for Asda Off-Sales to open....

Big Kev. :toast:

Laphroaig spelleded wrongfully, Stew, but deserves to be, as should really be renamed "Nitromors Mild" in my opinion.

Do not spill on polished furniture. Seek ye all out "Monkey Shoulder", even now available at that American shop, Asda, but now only after 10.00am apparently.....God, how I hate mornings now, waiting for Asda Off-Sales to open....

Big Kev. :toast:

Yup 'tis worth drinking so that you know how good Lagavulin is when you sample that! :cheers:

Mike D

Bonjourno Hooverio,

Yo!

Hi Hoovie,

are the original pop rivets aluminium or plated steel? If the tubes are steel ( I'm assuming ), it occurs to me that the position of these end caps, so near the road and spray from the wheels, makes the ideal conditions for a corrosion cell. Remember buying some monel pop rivets many years ago. They would no doubt reduce the problem.

Hi Hoovie,

are the original pop rivets aluminium or plated steel? If the tubes are steel ( I'm assuming ), it occurs to me that the position of these end caps, so near the road and spray from the wheels, makes the ideal conditions for a corrosion cell. Remember buying some monel pop rivets many years ago. They would no doubt reduce the problem.

You have touched on a interesting issue here. Given salty roads in winter, electrolytic corrosion is indeed possible. Monel rivets are ideal as they are inert. Usually obtainable in little packets at a yacht chandlers near you - for example: http://marinestore.co.uk/rivets-monel.html (no connection other than the fact that I buy stuff from them occasionally)

Mike D