Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Funnerburd 2 Parts Required

Big Kev

Bonjourno Hooverio,

Just thought I would check, so therein lies the problem, thanks.....there are no holes where pop rivets or self tappers would have been. Mine seem to be a tapered/interference fit in the tubes. I will be interfering with said interference fit when Kingo Treasure arrives, by making a hole and securing.

Davrav's idea also a cracker....could easily become a smug druggler with these tubes !!!!

big Kev  :lol:

Yo!

you sure no holes? I had one hole in each one (no, not the 4" one at each end   :lol: ) and it is towards the bottom and into the centre of the car so quite hidden.  without the rivet, the caps pull off pretty easily (or fall off !)

Hi Hoovie,

are the original pop rivets aluminium or plated steel? If the tubes are steel ( I'm assuming ), it occurs to me that the position of these end caps, so near the road and spray from the wheels, makes the ideal conditions for a corrosion cell.  Remember buying some monel pop rivets many years ago. They would no doubt reduce the problem.

I wouldn't know TBH.  Looking at the ones I have used to refit, they are Aluminum cheapies from Homebase. The Tubes are Stainless Steel I think.  

Each time I went to refit one, I thought of wrapping a run of duct tape inside for extra snugness but always ended up just replacing the cap and fitting a new blind rivet (not sure if a POP-RIVET is the same as a BLIND-RIVET now, but the ones I used are labelled "Blind Rivets" so will call them that now  :thumbsup: )

PS - I also used Blind Rivets to secure the little bit of chrome trim on the lower part of the nudge bar.  This is just stuck on with some double-sided 3M tape far as I could tell and was starting to get loose on mine after about 2 years so couple of holes drilled in the corners, rivets dropped in and jobs a good 'un  :toast: