Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carina Noice From Rear

m4nt45

hi

i got a prob with my carina estate..the banging sound comes from the rear of a car,also when driving on a bad surface road is another sound (something like you hang a chain on the rear shock and go for a ride)

I been in a garage for a check,been told that this is a scaber links

I replaced them but almost nothing have changed.

also i checking the rear of a car weekly now,but as far for my knowledge ewerything seems to be in their places (nothing loose or moving as it should not)

already getting paranoid about it,even tried to sell it,(thanks god I changed my mind on time)

it realy pising me off sometimes but i just love it for some reason

help guys,maybe someone been in a familiar situation,it driving me mad.

any advice..

many thanks

by the way,sorry for any mistakes in text (ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE)

• 2 months later...

we have a carina e executive and it seems to have the same problem. they are really loud on rough roads but when you get on main roads they seem to be fine. We have done nothing about it, its just irritating. But if you want to do something about it then i think you will have to change the rear shocks. I believe what happens it the rubber around the top of them gets warn so they just bang around.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate, if the shock absorber rubbers look ok then it could be the actual shocker it self on that side. If you can disconect it, try running down the road without and see if the noise disappears!?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links