Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Bought 89 Mk1 Mr2, 54,000 Miles, 3 Owners

Warwick79

Hello everyone. I'm pretty new to this but thought it worth my while to join.

I have just bought 89 MK1 Toyota MR2 1.6 in Mica Blue with a genuine 54000 miles, 3 owners, Full Toyota History. It appears to be completely original and complete. It is MOT'd and taxed for 10 months and has just been serviced and had it's second cambelt. It is immaculate inside and excellent outside. The only downsides being that the rear arches are rusting and there is slight corrosion under the A pillars ...oh and the electric aerial does not go up or down! Other than these things, everything works perfectly and it drives superbly. Luckily the last owners of 15 years (in their sixties) had it serviced at the local Toyota garage. In the last 3 years alone they have paid very large bills on the car so I assume that everything should be as good as it can be. They recently bought a 2004 MR2.

I am quite meticulous and I just wanted to check something with you all ...hope you can help? Is the rear fog light switch supposed to light up/glow even when it has not been pressed. The main light comes on when the button is pressed but it looks like the lower part of the button should glow permanently. It's just that the rear heated window switch on the opposite side of the steering wheel glows even when it has not been pressed. Should the fog light switch do the same?

Many Thanks,

Warwick79

A big welcome to TOC :group-cuddles: .Just got to say that MR2s' in Mica Blue are probably my favourite colour :in_love: .Get some pictures posted if you can for us to see :yes:

Thank you for your welcome. I might just do that. I will wait until I have had the arches done though ...then it will hopefully look the business!