Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

98 Corolla 1.6 Engine Swap

anjum

what wud u guys suggest? my brother thinks a celica engine but im just pondering. what have u guys done? if any...

what wud u guys suggest? my brother thinks a celica engine but im just pondering. what have u guys done? if any...

depends on your budget and what power you are looking for mate, i went for the 3sgte (2.0 turbo)conversion

Well mate if you want a 1.6 then you have a choice of a 4AFE found in corollas 1988-1998 or a 3ZZFE vvti found in corollas 1998-2002 or a 4AGE found in celicas 1983-1989 and in corollas 1983-1987 according to wikipedia. if you have a 98 g6 corolla then it has a 1.3 4EFE engine in it so the 4AFE is a straight swap and swap it for a 4AFE ecu i think not 100% sure so correct me if im wrong.. The only difference with the 4EFE and the 4AFE IS the 4AFE has a distributer rather than coil packs like on the 4EFE so you wouldnt have to tell anyone about the engine swap.. ;) but thats up to you! 3ZZFE vvti again this a straight swap but the wiring loom and ecu would be required from a donor vehicle and if you had a larger budget and more time then a 4AGE engine would be a better option toyota built these engines with power in mind but this would require a lot of rewiring of the loom and these engines arnt that easy to pick up any more where as the 4AFE can be found in your local breakers yards for £100-200 depending on where you are.. Remember the further you get away from big cities the cheaper the scrap yards are ;) all the engines are listed on wikipedia if you want to have a further look into them mate.

Dan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links