Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mil Reset ?

the cheez

Hi folks, just a quick question, does anyone know if there is a reset for the MIL light, because once diagnosed the MIL is giving reading of p1135, now it went through MOT last saturday (16th) with no problems (rav4 vx 2.0 2001) this is the quirky bit, when you turn ignition key until dash lights display SOMETIMES the MIL light takes a nano second later to light up, i'll try and explain, if i do this procedure 3 times the MIL is off, it's a bit of a knack as most times all the lights light up together, its only after a bit of jiggling (yes that type) that after the MIL is off, it comes back on after about 5-10 mins and is giving same reading again, (obviously the ECU has picked up the fault and re-displays it) so really that's the question, is there a reset ! i think anchorman could be the dude to enlighten me, that's not to say no one else will, many thanks folks forgot to add i have my own diagnostic reader (absolute life and MONEY saver)

Edited by the cheez

The first oxygen sensor that failed for me was on solid. Mr T reset it as they didn't have one in but it came back on after a short distance. The second one that failed would sometimes clear on start up . Either way it's a new Bank 1 sensor 1 if you want to sort it. Your code reader should be able to clear it but it will probably come back.

The first oxygen sensor that failed for me was on solid. Mr T reset it as they didn't have one in but it came back on after a short distance. The second one that failed would sometimes clear on start up . Either way it's a new Bank 1 sensor 1 if you want to sort it. Your code reader should be able to clear it but it will probably come back.

many thanks pmb, and yes the reader does clear it, but alas it comes back in 10-15 mins, but to know its bank1 sensor1 is a big help as now i can get it sorted, by the way would you have any idea as to how straight forward it is to replace or am i asking a little to much, any help would be sound, thanks for the quick response

many thanks pmb, and yes the reader does clear it, but alas it comes back in 10-15 mins, but to know its bank1 sensor1 is a big help as now i can get it sorted, by the way would you have any idea as to how straight forward it is to replace or am i asking a little to much, any help would be sound, thanks for the quick response

You should have a list of the codes with your reader. Google autel dtc library or something similar if you haven't got one. It's the usual heater circuit problem where it goes o/c rather than 15 ohms. Top right hand side as you look in the engine , that was my first one to go. Several threads on here , have a search. (about 250 from Mr T but cheaper diy) There is a thread on here showing locations of the sensors.

You should have a list of the codes with your reader. Google autel dtc library or something similar if you haven't got one. It's the usual heater circuit problem where it goes o/c rather than 15 ohms. Top right hand side as you look in the engine , that was my first one to go. Several threads on here , have a search. (about 250 from Mr T but cheaper diy) There is a thread on here showing locations of the sensors.

WOW, massive help pmb, thank you very much, i had a search and all is revealed, i would have definitely taken a lot longer if not for all of your helpful advice, you've made my weekend. kind regards cheez

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links