Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Time For A Change, Can't Decide What To Buy!

Tsporter

Hey lads, after 2 1/2 years with it i've decide to sell up and get some torque...

I cant decide between:-

05 GOLF GTI DSG - fun, bit too common though

08 Seat Leon FR 200bhp DSG - same fun but newer and 2-3k more, bit of a sleeper :thumbsup:

06 Passat 2.0TDI DSG(140bhp, but would get remapped to approx 170) - pure comfort, quick enough, every extra...and by far the cheapest to buy AND run...

I know its wrong but i'm thinking the passat... :eek:

:ban:

:lol:

All nice enough... but nothing Jap interest you??

Golf GTD or Passat 2.0TDI definately. Have sat in both and driven the Passat beautiful cars. The Passat I found touch heavy on diesel around town and you'll probably find the same. Seat has an earth shattering ride which I found horrible around town especially in Yorkshire where I live because all the roads are frankly cr*p and the lack of a centre armrest really bugs me because I've always had one in the last couple of cars I've owned.

So for me it's the Passat or if you're buying new (there aren't many on 2nd hand market) the Golf GTD is a very nice car, has 2.0TDI 170 standard which maps to around 200-210.

Nah, i want a DSG gearbox in the next car so that limits the choice a fair bit!

@CorollaD4d, A GTD would be nice alrite but my budget only stretches to 14k euro unfortunately... Yeah the Passat ticks all the boxes except handling, which is fairly important to me. I'm torn!! :argue:

That depends if it has to have the DSG brand name or it is the dual clutch transmission technology that it must have. If it is just the technology then you have a much wider choice, from a Veyron to a Volvo, see this Wikipedia page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_clutch_transmission

@CorollaD4d, A GTD would be nice alrite but my budget only stretches to 14k euro unfortunately... Yeah the Passat ticks all the boxes except handling, which is fairly important to me. I'm torn!! :argue:

In this case I would suggest a golf 2.0tdi mark 5 170bhp in gt spec with the dsg gear box, im pretty sure you can get one like that within your budget. GTI in my opinion is too much to run and wayyyyy too common around my area, although you dont live around here the mark 5 gti for me is always associated with boy racers wearing caps driving like lunatics (sorry if anyone has a gti). the 170 tdi golf has plenty of power yet is much more understated. if you leave someone from the lights in a 170tdi theyll be like woah that golf is fast. if you do it in a gti theyll think its a gti - it was bound to win anyway :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links