Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1998 Celica Gt Mot Time!

The Steg

Hey you guys I got my MOT in the next couple of weeks and I need to do a spot of work on the old girl. I need to replace the rear engine mount and I'd like to replace the bushes that connect the rear trailing arms. I think I also need to replace the spark plugs as it misfires in the low rev range (below 1500rpm).

Could anyone reccomend a supplier for any or all of the parts, I've never had to do anything other than change a clutch and a water pump in the last 5yrs/100,000 miles and the garage has done those jobs so I've not found a good supplier of parts.

The exhaust is blowing at the joint between the downpipe and the manifold too, is there a gasket for this or should i stick some gum in there and bolt it back up?

ooh one more thing, nee to replace the bonnet release cable too, I've gone one, any hints?

Thanks in advance.

John.

Hey you guys I got my MOT in the next couple of weeks and I need to do a spot of work on the old girl. I need to replace the rear engine mount and I'd like to replace the bushes that connect the rear trailing arms. I think I also need to replace the spark plugs as it misfires in the low rev range (below 1500rpm).

Could anyone reccomend a supplier for any or all of the parts, I've never had to do anything other than change a clutch and a water pump in the last 5yrs/100,000 miles and the garage has done those jobs so I've not found a good supplier of parts.

The exhaust is blowing at the joint between the downpipe and the manifold too, is there a gasket for this or should i stick some gum in there and bolt it back up?

ooh one more thing, nee to replace the bonnet release cable too, I've gone one, any hints?

Thanks in advance.

John.

http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_14/Category_2/1715 think these are your bushes.

Ah no, I'm obviously confused..... the ones i need are marked E on that diagram. Any ideas?

Cheers.

call that company that make the bushes directly and ask for a price on the letter bush you require , they will help you

example of full rear kit here £139 ----- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUSPENSION-BUSHING-KIT-CELICA-ST202-ST204-AT200-REAR-/290458137546?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43a0a773ca

or try calling powerflex directly , they also make poly bushes .

id also examine the distributor cap for wear on the carbon pegs , this maybe the cause of your low rev miss fire , plugs for this car are platinum coated and cost around £50 for 4 . they last 30k to 40 k if i remember correctly