Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

TVIS 4A-GE 200BHP N/A Project

KPARRIS-JONES

It will be meant only for the road, but I would like to feel safe in taking her up to Santa Pod for a quick blast down the strip. I have never heard of them blowing up due to oil problems!

That is some great information mate so thanks. :yes: I may invest in one of those sumps if I will be more of a regular to the pod but I would like to keep it as a beastly road car. ;)

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KPARRIS-JONES

• 4afte

• AE_92

• dawesy

It will be meant only for the road, but I would like to feel safe in taking her up to Santa Pod for a quick blast down the strip. I have never heard of them blowing up due to oil problems!

That is some great information mate so thanks. :yes: I may invest in one of those sumps if I will be more of a regular to the pod but I would like to keep it as a beastly road car. ;)

in that case its all good :thumbsup:

Just made myself a gearbox mover which essentially is a slab of wood on casters. It should make things much easier to move around and without damaging them.

Will order the crane and stand this week, most likely tomorrow. :drool:

AE_92; So I will be ok to thrash it at Pod every once in a while?

Ok, 2 Tonne Engine Crane and 550Kg Engine Stand have been ordered, £200 for the pair. :D

The Crane will be delivered tomo....today, and the stand will be delivered either this week or next week. Almost ready to get that engine out now. :yes:

A good pair of birthday presents! :lol:

It's been a fantastic day today with all my presents arriving within ten minutes of me waking up and them getting delivered no more than five minutes between.

Fist, the Valve Spring Compressor got delivered and it is a very nice piece of kit:

VSC2.jpg

Then my Engine Stand was delivered to me about five minutes after along with my Two Tonne Engine Crane:

StandAssembled2.jpg

Assembled the Crane:

CraneParts.jpg

NutsandBoltsforCrane.jpg

CraneAssembled.jpg

IMG_1207.jpg

All of these things have been assembled, so now it is just a wait for the engine! :D

I also managed to rack up a lovely £260 in cash to go on the rolla and £75 has already been spent on the radiator. Sadly I cannot go for anything other than what get this car on the road, I have to limit myself otherwise it will never get finished! :lol:

I now have all the tools and kit needed to sort this Blue Top Project out. :yahoo:

So, £185 to spend, any suggestions? :huh:

damn kp good progress, the project now is in its more serious stages wish you luck with it,

subscribed :thumbsup:

Cheers guys, yeh this kit just gets me excited to get the thing torn apart. Just need to collect it now! :lol:

AE_92, the crane was £150 and the Stand was £50 and the VSC was £35. All off eBay and all brand new, never opened. :D

Thanks for the subscription, I'll be sure to get many pictures up and keep this thread updated as things progress, it seems that other forums will be taking a back seat. ;)

My Injectors arrived today and sadly they are 3S-GTE Side-Feed Injectors and won't fit. John, I will send them back to you ASAP in the same package. Thank you for your generosity though. :thumbsup:

Looks like I will get some 440's from TI like the rest of my parts! :laughing:

My Injectors arrived today and sadly they are 3S-GTE Side-Feed Injectors and won't fit. John, I will send them back to you ASAP in the same package. Thank you for your generosity though. :thumbsup:

Looks like I will get some 440's from TI like the rest of my parts! :laughing:

thats a shame mate, dont worry about sending them back as i still have another set of 440cc and some 540cc that will be goin in next year

Are you sure? Because chances are I will sell them on and I thought that it would be very rude if I sold something that you so very kindly sent me for free. :mellow:

However, if you are ok with it then I don't mind. :D

noticed you were looking at the Stack AFR guage.

if you like your gadgets then look at this Innovate XD-16 wide band kit

its what i run in the rolla and can by expanded into a full data logging system.

top bit of kit.

engine crane looks good, a lot like one i used to use. very good and easy to fold up and store.

Yeh I am looking at the Stack gauge. That looks like a nice bit of kit actually. One thing I am unsure of, where to I fit the O2 sensor? I will have ITB's so it'll be quite hard I bet.

Crane is great, as you said easy to fold and operate however no handles makes it a bit tough to shift. :yes: Still love it because it's mine! :yahoo:

Everything is now packed up and I am ready to get down to Taunton to pick up the engine, just awaiting a PM reply to tell me the address. ;)

O2 sensor just fits in the exhaust header, you'll need a threaded boss welding on (you get the boss with the kit IIRC)

oh oh I have always known that as the Lambda sensor... :blush: Cheers, yeh the Stack Kit I am getting comes with everything I need. :D

oh oh I have always known that as the Lambda sensor... :blush: Cheers, yeh the Stack Kit I am getting comes with everything I need. :D

get the Innovate XD-16 I got one to, great bit of kit best on the market IMO :thumbsup:

bring some jump leads, the Battery is dead, there a new water pump on this lump too :thumbsup: its was on there for about 2 months b4 i parked her up for the last few weeks,

Thanks bud, glad to hear it! Hopefully the pump won't blow up then. :D :lol:

Everything is packed and ready to go, I should see you at 9am mate, as I said before, if I have room for more stuff that I can sell on for you then I can give you a slice of the cash I make in each item. Or if you are going to keep it for a while longer, I can come down and strip it of everything I can and do the same. More money in your pocket without the hassle. :thumbsup:

Thanks for doing this, has made my summer! :lol:

It's here! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Up at 5:30am and out by 6am we were all tired and yet very excited for the day we had ahead, three guys all good friends working on an engine supping tea in the sun, rain and cloud.

IMG_1241.jpg

We managed to get down to Taunton in good time at around 9:30am despite colossal caravan traffic and we met up with Leebo and his gorgeous compressor. I tell no word of a lie when I say that those things can shift! :lol: He took us to the GTi to be removed of its heart and we began at roughly 10....

What we had to work with:

IMG_1248.jpg

The fatties begin:

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

Bits are out and the coolant, oil, PAS, gearbox oil and fuel are all drained after one hour:

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

We finished the second hour with some good rape:

IMG_1265.jpg

A good few hours later we were almost ready to lift out, only engine mounts to go:

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

We started lifting at 5pm.....

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

....and the chain top link snapped! Luckily the engine was only hovering in the bay about 10 inches higher, and me and Dean both whipped our hands out of there so quickly there was no chance we were getting trapped.

We were cattle trucked.

We went out to go and find a chain but with no luck from B &Q, Halfords and Screfix. Finally we were pointed to A1 Motor Spares who gave us a two tonne tow rope to use.

Which worked very well!

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

Eventually she was out and on the floor:

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

Then we shifted it into the Omega:

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

Riding the Axle:

IMG_1292.jpg

END:

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

We are getting it out of the car and into the garage today, and I'll begin the strip down. :D

lol looks like you guys had a lot of fun (that's what its all about!!)

Dammm good thing you guys didn't get hurt when the chain broke :!Removed!:

ouch you were lucky there.

excellent work guys, looking forward to seeing this build progress

lol looks like you guys had a lot of fun (that's what its all about!!)

Dammm good thing you guys didn't get hurt when the chain broke :shutit:

Yes we did! Was absolutely awesome, couldn't have spent my Saturday in any better way. :D

And we are all very thankful that we were ok, really put the shits up us because when an engine goes my god it really does go! :lol:

ouch you were lucky there.

excellent work guys, looking forward to seeing this build progress

Thanks mate, seriously, me and Dean both looked at our hands to check for all our fingers! :lol:

Cheers, was a great bit of fun and we are now working on getting it onto the bench. I'll most likely make a post later tonight, hopefully you'll either be looking at valves or crank, whatever take my fancy. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links