• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KPARRIS-JONES

• 4afte

• AE_92

• leebo

haha! Thanks for the supportive comment everyone. :)

I have caught the spraying bug (don't worry Dan, this doesn't detract from what I am sending your way! :lol: ) and have degreased and primed the gear linkages too, they will be sprayed in gloss black.

I need to know now before I go ahead with this, is it ok to paint the Head with a normal paint? I know the Exhaust Manifold would boil off but what sort of temperature does the outer wall of the Head get up to? The same goes for the block, I want to paint that too but on the last one I used BBQ paint just to be safe.

Tell me what I can and can't do and I'll have more pretty pictures up! :lol: :D

you could use hamerite but to be fair when its hot dipped it should come out looking like new anyway. shiny aluminium always looks cool :thumbsup:

Try high temperature enamel paint.. Halfords do it but im sure it can be bought somewhere cheaper.. Or brake calliper pain thats designed to take high temps

Cheers Dan

you could use hamerite but to be fair when its hot dipped it should come out looking like new anyway. shiny aluminium always looks cool :thumbsup:

The only problem I have with that is the fact it will corrode just as it has done now. I'd rather use mu Hammerite Anti-Rust Primer and paint to get a good and different look. ;)

Thanks Dan, I'll be painting it to keep in with the colour scheme.... you just have to wait for it. :D :P

Here yas all go, got some pictures of it in the daylight:

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

All dry and ready to have the linkages fitted back up once they have been painted. :D

looks very good. i take it you have something else in mind for the bolts as you have masked them up?

Cheers bud, well, I didn't paint the bolts because; a- they will crack the paint if I ever need to remove them b- they will be hard to remove c- I want them done it matte black

I will do them in the matte black because it is a very tough paint and doesn't crack when you put a socket round it. :D

Now just finishing off the linkages and will have them fitted, then clean out the bell housing so I can put it into storage in my room. :lol: I'll then get the block onto the stand with the engine mount bolts and remove the sump and crank.

I'm also waiting on my Water-Pump Pulley, Crank Pulley, Tensioner Pulley and PAS Pulley to be painted and sent back. Can't wait.

oh good thinking. i hate trying to get to bolts through paint.

Don't we all??? :laughing:

I have the engine on the stand and will start working on the Crank and Pistons once I have the 'Box away and I have tested the End Float.

Some tasters:

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

Organising the garage:

IMG_1363.jpg

nice, my junk is just on the floor. the block looks like it still needs a clean.

lol I hate leaving things on the floor, a pet hate of mine! :D

Once I have the block stripped down I'll get it hot dipped (if I can find a place) and then get it all painted up afterwards.

nice progress buddy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers mate.

I'm pretty badly stuck, there is a pin on the end of the crank spindle and it has wedged itself in so tight that it can't be taken out.... :censor: :censor:

If I can't get it out then I can't get the crank out. I have just been told to leave it under a lamp soaked in WD40 (the pin not the lamp!) for a while. It's such an arse!

However there is always something to be done so I should still have something to report hopefully.... :yawn:

Still can't get the Woodruff Key out but I did get something else out:

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

Notice anything missing? :lol:

And I am cleaning the Bell-Housing after what looks to be a Thrust Bearing explosion....:

IMG_1373.jpg

Did a surprise attack on the Woodruff Key and......... I was greeted with success! :yahoo:

Removing the Flyheel Plate:

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

Beware the raised eyebrow.....

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1381-1.jpg

IMG_1382-1.jpg

Anything missing?

IMG_1384-1.jpg

:D

Sadly Toyota Performance Magazine is no longer being produced, so my article writing has ceased. However I am looking to work for Banzai doing the same thing. ;)

Now all I need to do is source somewhere that will do chemical bathing for the Block and Head. Things will now slow down a lot more, the rest will be cleaning and de-rusting and getting stuff painted up ready for the rebuild. I will get things like bolts and bearings but sadly I have no means of big spending right now..... wait until xmas and that should change. :D :thumbsup:

This of course means that I now have loads of 4A-GE parts for sale; pistons, rods, bolts, Intake Manifold, clutch (plate/cover/Bearing), Cams etc... so PM me if anyone wants anything. B)

KP

Found a guy who can do engraving for me and he is on the Highstreet, WIN! He is currently doing the Cam Covers on his Vette C5 :drool:

Shouldn't cost more than £30 he tells me. :D

May get a few bits done actually....

Found a guy who can do engraving for me and he is on the Highstreet, WIN! He is currently doing the Cam Covers on his Vette C5 :drool:

Shouldn't cost more than £30 he tells me. :D

May get a few bits done actually....

oh dont tell me your getting it engraved with LOVE u4 EVER X :P

:lol::hug: unfortunatly there aint a smilie hugging a 4a-ge

shame about the TPM articles. and the slowing done but these things happen. looking forward to seeing the finished cam covers.

ahh ecu . . would you like it?? ? ?? ohhhh would you sir!!

lol Lee.

4afte I may do them in a month or two, and yeh thanks, was a shame about TPM.... :(

I have written to Banzai and got rejected and I am awaiting a reply from JP. :D

Should have my pulleys with me this week though! :yahoo: