Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help This Damsel In Distress

LoobyLou

I am trying to determine whether the fuse has blown for the cigarette lighter and radio - I had my sat nav plugged into the cig lighter and when I pulled it out the radio went off and the lighter no longer worked. Before I go and spend the best part of £50 on a new lighter, I want to check its not the fuse. I have tried and tried, in vain, to search the net to try and locate the specific fuse for the above, but I cant find it :-(

Can anyone help me? I have a 2002 Corolla T3 but im sad because i have no music and cant use my sat nav :-(

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

remove ur glove box lid and look up afew fuses in there i know cig light fuse is in there if there alright check ur dome fuse which is fuse box under bonnet next Battery

I have looked behind the glove box and im assuming that the fuse will look like the ones under the bonnet but I cant see anything other than a million coloured wires. Im beginning to feel pretty useless at this. Looks like im gonna have to book the car in otherwise I will be tuneless forever!

Thanks for your help.

When the glovebox drops down, on the left side undo the screw thats holding it, unclip it and it should fall down completely away from the dashboard.

From there, look into the gap behind it but look up like looking underneath the top part of the dashboard, and you should see a plastic box, unclip that and you should see the fusebox.

Hope that help..

Bing

:thumbsup:

In addition, if your car isn't unlike every other Toyota ever made (almost, I guess), there will be a picture on the lid of the fusebox telling you wich fuse is for what.

Edit: I would btw say that it is most likely a fuse that is blown.