Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Carina E Radiator

Baddoch

Hi,

It looks as though the radiator on my 1997 1.8 GS Carina E needs to be replaced. I'll check the scrappy and online for a bargain, but is it as easy as draining it, removing hoses, unbolting and replacing then doing everthing in reverse? Is there more to it - it looks straight forward enough, but I'm not that great mechanically.

Thanks

Hi,

It looks as though the radiator on my 1997 1.8 GS Carina E needs to be replaced. I'll check the scrappy and online for a bargain, but is it as easy as draining it, removing hoses, unbolting and replacing then doing everthing in reverse? Is there more to it - it looks straight forward enough, but I'm not that great mechanically.

Thanks

hello mate

there must be a drain plugs (hexagon head type) on the one/two cyl block sides. Be sure before you have them unscrewed an expansion tank lid is removed. The hoses can be easy to remove by releasing of hoses bands. Cheers Igor

Thanks Guys - all sorted and going well. As a bonus unclipping the front O2 sensor and plugging it back in again cleared the warning light that has been on for 18 months!

Cheers

Ian

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links