Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Finally Got One

Bong Water

I highly doubt anyone will remember but around a year ago I signed up and asked a few questions as I owned a fair few Honda's and fancied a change. I bought a sensible Civic whilst I saved up some cash and paid off some debt etc and after all that had happened I decided it was time to sell the Civic and buy a pre facelift CTS, however the Civic took so long to sell I ended up with more money saved up so I started looking at Civic Type-R's.

I got a bit bored of looking at over priced shabby 02/03 examples with 70K plus miles for that kind of money and realised I could afford a facelift CTS thanks to the scare mongering media the used prices seem to have dropped so on Friday I put a deposit down on a one previous owner 2005 facelift CTS in Lucern silver, I love it, the interior and equipment level compared to the CTR is so much better and I was surprised at how much better it sounded when flooring it too and the handling is so much improved over the older model CTS that I driven when I used to work for RRG Toyota about 5/6 years ago, chuffed to bits with it, pick it up sometime this week, HPI is flagging finance so waiting for that to be cleared by the dealer, what an absolute bargain though, so much car for the money

I wont be doing many mods at first but I do like the idea of an Apex'i intake at some point and maybe a back box as I read these are very restrictive as standard?

Anyone know how much genuine T-Sport matts are and anywhere I can get them from other than Toyota? Also the cheap silver finish on the gear knob is flaking, only thing wrong with the interior. Is there a TTE or TRD gear knob and if so any pics and price please?

Cheers

this must be bong from cl then ?? got a rolla over an ibiza i see

lets see some piccys

The internet is small place! Yeah thats me, dont know what I was thinking with the Ibiza glad I didnt get one

I havent picked it up yet but i'll get some up next week

Genuine mats £50ish quid from Toyota... on rare occasions they do pop up on eBay (i got some years ago for £20)

I have the same issue with my gearknob... a replacement from Mr T is £56!!

A'PEXi is a good choice... altho i am slightly biased ;)

Where in the UK you from??

Howdy, you can get a TRD gear knob from Fensport, I got myself one from jdm performance, it came quick but wasn't cheap. Sorry not taken any piccies yet.

I expected Matts to be around £50, cheers, i'll keep my eye on the bay too

I'm not paying £56 for a replacement gearknob with that nasty silver crap on it thats too expensive and it will only do the same thing, would love to see a pic of the TRD item if anyone has one and how much they are?

Cheers

simplycarmats.co.uk do some good mats im thinking about getting tailored rubber mats for my car since its a daily driver the wet weather will ruin the fabric original car mats. the universal cheap mats i have now dont cover the carpet properly and im hoping the rubber ones im thinking of ordering will do the job

Hi Bong

Can I ask what you paid and with how many Miles?

Looking to buy one, and see prices vary considerably

Cheers

ADB

Prices are all over the place, the car was up for £6k at a Ford Dealer, I got it for £5.5k on an 05 plate with one previous lady owner, full Toyota history, 48K miles. A serious car for the money

Theres another near me at a company called Boss Performance thats similar to mine but has 3 previous owners and thats only £5k!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links